Central Care Cancer Center has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Dosimetrist. This position's primary location will be Kansas City, KS. Central Care dosimetrists are responsible charting radiation treatment plans, determining treatment dimensions, and promoting the implementation of the treatment plans for radiation therapy patients.
As a Dosimetrist for Central Care, this position is expected to perform and participate in the simulation, dose computations, isodose plans, immobilization and other aspects of treatment planning for patients receiving external beam radiation therapy, and brachytherapy.
- Designing treatment plans with optimal beam geometry to treat patient and spare critical structures in accordance to Radiation Oncologist’s prescription.
- Identify and contour normal and dose-limiting structures
- Perform image registration with various image data sets to include CT, MRI, PET
- Perform calculations for accurate delivery of prescribed dose
- Create and transfer reference images for portal verification and treatment delivery to include DRRs and IGRT imaging
- Collaborate with physician to plan radiation treatments
- Supervise, perform, or assist in simulations and tumor localization using imaging devices including CT, MRI, PET, and Linear Accelerator
- Supervise, perform, or assist in the planning, fabrication, and implementation of compensation filters, custom shields, wedges, and any other beam modifying device.
- Supervise, perform, or assist in the production of masks, molds, cradles, or any other immobilization device
- Communicate with Radiation Therapists and assume advisory role in the implementation of the treatment plan
- Work in partnership with Medical Physicist for radiation safety and protection, quality assurance of treatment plans, and radiation oncology equipment
- Perform record keeping and documentation of treatment parameters for all patients undergoing radiation therapy
- Responsible for entry of treatment parameters in the record/verify system
- Perform routine quality control to include chart rounds and participation in CQI or QA committees, etc
- Provide education and treatment-planning instruction to staff, residents, and students as required
- Observes all safety and health regulations and ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Performs work in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of facility
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's + Master's Degree, Certified in Medical Dosimetry
- Minimum 2 years dosimetry experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Dosimetry
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Certified in Medical Dosimetry
More about Kansas City, Kansas
Kansas City is comprised of two cities that share the Missouri River as their border, which also divides Missouri from Kansas. The Kansas City metropolitan region is a 14 county area anchored by Kansas City, MO. With a population of 2.1 million, the region includes a number of other cities and suburbs, the largest being Overland Park, KS; Kansas City, KS; Olathe, KS; and Independence, MO; each over 100,000 in population.
Collectively, Kansas City is famous for its unique style of barbecue, jazz heritage, fountains and architecture, along with professional sports teams and events.
Kansas City has a bevy of different cultural offerings, such as the unique Country Club Plaza area. Known for its Spanish architecture, this 15-block district features some of Kansas City’s best shopping and dining options. Kansas City’s rich culture inspires several must-see destinations: The Power & Light District features more than 50 restaurants and shops. For art lovers, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art is a sure hit with extensive permanent and traveling exhibits.
Kansas City is bisected by four interstates: I-35, I-49, I-29 and I-70 for easy access around the metro area, as well as to other locations. The city features Kansas City International Airport, just 15 miles northwest of downtown Kansas City with more than a dozen carriers serving passengers. A new airport terminal is expected to be built in approximately four years. At Union Station, Amtrak service provides six passenger trains daily, which includes two round trips to St. Louis, one departing for Chicago and one departing for Los Angeles.
Museums and Art
American Jazz Museum
Arabia Steamboat Museum
Harry S. Truman Library and Museum
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
National WWI Museum and Memorial
Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Professional Sporting Teams and Events
Kansas City Chiefs (National Football League)
Kansas City Royals (Major League Baseball)
Kansas Speedway (NASCAR Sprint Cup)
Sporting Kansas City (Major League Soccer)