Director of Oncology Services of Western Kansas
Central Care Cancer Center is currently seeking a Director of Oncology Services in our rapidly expanding Western Kansas locations.
This position will be responsible for clinical operations for both Medical and Radiation Oncology services. A comprehensive understanding of Oncology care delivery is essential. This position requires close collaboration with physicians, Central Care Administration, and hospital administration.
Central Care, PA is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Regular operating schedule 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid continuing education
- 401k (100% annual match of 4% pay)
- Employer paid life and accident insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Exceptional leadership abilities
- Strong strategic and business planning skills that help support the long-term goals of the organization
- Must be able to communicate efficiently with physicians, staff, patients, and administrative professionals
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, and retaining qualified personnel
- Conducts staff meetings to promote effective communication and collaboration
- Responsible for staff development through continuing education, performance evaluation, and goal identification
- Ensure compliance with regulations and standards of government agencies and accreditation bodies
- Ability to deal with challenges and develop viable solutions
- Capability to access and leverage both internal and external resources
- Participate in performance improvement activities with clinic staff
- Assists with treatments or procedures as necessary, per license and competency
Master's or Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, business, management, health administration, radiation or related field
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration or related field a plus
- Direct Oncology experience a plus
- Minimum 3 years management experience
- Flexibility to travel as workload requires
More about Garden City, Kansas
Garden City, Kansas (pop. 27,004) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Finney County (pop. 37,097), and is the economic hub for the region, serving a population of approximately 200,000.
From the World’s Largest Hand Dug Pool and Splash Park that covers a full city block, to world class hunting, or Kansas’s #1 public golf course, Garden City boasts fun for everyone, regardless of age and interest. Also, located a short 3 ½ hour drive from the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Garden City offers easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities and sights, such as hiking, white water rafting, fishing, skiing, and many more adventures! Garden City also offers several convenient jet service flights to Dallas each day.
With nearly 40 languages spoken locally, Finney County was rated the most diverse community in Kansas outside of the Kansas City metro. (Niche.com)
Our new 30,000 sq/ft facility provides cutting edge technology and numerous support services, all in a quiet and comfortable setting. Heartland Cancer Center in Garden City features the only in-house PET/CT simulator in Western Kansas, as well as the latest linear accelerator from Varian, the TrueBeam STx. We also offer access to clinical trials, oncology navigators, and optional private infusion suites. The Breast Center at St. Catherine Hospital, also located under our roof, is the only nationally accredited Breast Center between Kansas City and Denver.