Chief Radiation Therapist, Bolivar MO
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a Radiation Therapist for its Bolivar, Mo clinic location.
The Radiation Therapist will work directly with the radiation department to provide radiation therapy to patients as prescribed by the Physician. Candidates must have excellent communication, problem solving, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate compassion, good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Reviews prescription, diagnosis, patient chart, and identification.
- Prepares equipment such as immobilization, treatment, and protection devices; positions patient according to prescription.
- Enters data into computer and sets controls to operate equipment
- Observes and reassures patient during treatment and reports unusual reactions to physician.
- Photographs treated area of patient
- Maintains records, reports, and files as required.
- Follows principles of radiation protection for patient, self, and others.
- Assists in dosimetry procedures and tumor localization
Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four year college or university; or Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 4 - 10 years' experience providing radiation therapy to patients
- Willingness to travel between clinics on a weekly basis required (company transportation will be provided)
- Radiation Therapy Technologist (RTT)
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification (ARRT)
- State License and Certification
More about Bolivar, Missouri
Bolivar boasts the best of all worlds: thriving businesses, awarding-winning schools, a first-class university, state-of-the-art medical facilities, compassionate churches, active civic organizations, peaceful parks and limitless recreational opportunities. Conveniently located on newly-expanded Highway 13 between Kansas City and Springfield, our town of 10,000 offers you the benefits of a bustling metropolis partnered with the peace and serenity you’ll only feel in a rural setting. As of the 2010 census, the population was 10,325.
Bolivar R-I School District has a AAA rating and features four award-winning campuses. Most recently, Bolivar High School was nominated for the National Blue Ribbon Award by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Bolivar is also home to Southwest Baptist University, a four-year co-educational liberal arts university, Bolivar Technical College, and Polk County Christian School.
Bolivar is a fast-growing community but still maintains a small town family atmosphere. If you’re looking for something new, shop one of our many locally-owned stores or visit the year-round Greater Polk County Farmer’s Market. Sports enthusiasts can support the local high school and university sports teams by attending a game. Have fun at a parade or festival held regularly at the historic Bolivar square or the Polk County Fairgrounds, and Bolivar features more than 20 churches to worship in.
Among the many events held annually in Bolivar are the Light The Park celebration, Arts In The Parks, the Polk County Junior Livestock Show & Youth Fair, the CMH Basketball HoopFest, the SBU Homecoming Parade, the Bolivar Christmas Parade, Taste of Bolivar, the Lawn and Garden show, Country Days, and the 4th of July Celebration of Freedom.
Polk County Museum
Ella Carothers Dunnegan Gallery of Art
Silo Ridge Golf & Country Club
Dunnegan Memorial Park
Aqua Zone at the Roy Blunt YMCA
Lucas Oil Speedway
Stockton Lake/State Park
Pomme de Terre Lake/State Park
Lake of the Ozarks