Central Care Cancer Center is hiring for an individual to join our oncology team in Great Bend, KS. This position will provide oversight and management to the clinic as a while as well as provide nursing services and care to cancer patients.
- Manages employee schedules including time off requests and time card approvals
- Collaborates with CNO to manage provider schedules
- Works as a team with onsite radiation oncology manager
- Communicates with other Central Care clinic managers for staffing needs and coverage situations
- Collaborates with other Central Care departments including, Billing, Human Resources, Marketing & Public Relations, I.T., and Maintenance to ensure all clinic needs are met
- Partners with Director of Human Resources to appropriately handle employee matters and/or performance issues
- Oversees drug inventory
- Oversees and manages drug and medical supplies, including monitoring for best cost
- Communicates with CFO and CNO regarding costs incurred by the clinic as well as budgets for events or other clinic needs
- Oversees community events organized by Great Bend clinic staff and marketing department
- Facilitates training and continuing education requirements of clinic staff
- Handles daily patient work flow, makes recommendation for improvement
- Teams up with CNO and other clinic managers to implement any new nursing processes, including policy and procedures
- Acts as main clinic contact for new FDA drug releases or educational needs from pharmaceutical companies and specialty testing centers
- Collaborates with outside providers including hospitals, clinics, and labs to facilitate best patient care
- Acts as a resource for providers regarding chemotherapy regimens and supportive drugs
- Oversees and maintains safe practices for patient and staff
- Performs weekly and monthly audits as requested
RN, BSN, OCN
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.N.) from four-year college or university
- 5+ years' registered nurse experience
- 5+ years’ management experience, in similar setting, required
- OCN a plus
- Oncology experience preferred
More about Great Bend, Kansas
Great Bend is a vibrant community of approximately 16,000 people located in the heart of America; near the geographical center of Kansas. The central location of the city allows for short travel to anywhere in the state, including Wichita and Kansas City.
The people of Great Bend enjoy conveniences of a lager city, like first rate educational, medical and recreation facilities. For all of the large city conveniences the community still retains its small-town charm.
Culturally, Great Bend features the Shafer Art Gallery at Barton County Community College. It’s also known for the natural existence of Cheyenne Bottoms near Great Bend, the largest marsh in the interior United States.
Recreational opportunities abound with Great Bend showcasing one of the largest zoos between Kansas City and Denver, a state-of-the-art raptor rehabilitation center, and a splashing-good-time water park. There are four golf courses in a 25-mile radius of Great Bend: Stoneridge, Lake Barton, Ellinwood, and Larned. Community theater and musical products, concerts, band performances, and numerous art exhibits provide cultural experiences throughout the year.
Great Bend is the county seat of Barton County. It is named for its location at the point where the course of the Arkansas River bends east then southeast. Barton County has a population of more than 27,000 people.
● Fort Larned National Historic Site