Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full-time Compliance Officer to be based out of our Salina, KS Administrative Office.
The Compliance Officer will work closely with the administrative team as well as be responsible for ensuring Central Care is conducting business that is in full compliance with all laws and regulations related to its industry. The Compliance Officer will oversee all OSHA and HIPAA related matters for Central Care, PA and its 14 locations.
- Develops, initiates, maintains and revised policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical and improper conduct
- Manages day-to-day operation of the compliance program
- Oversees day-to-day safety operations, policies and procedures
- Develops and periodically reviews updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees
- Collaborates with other departments (for example, human resources, chief nursing officer and director of IT) to directs compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution
- Consults with general counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulation, policies, procedures and standards of conduct by evaluation or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures
- Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues and concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Provides reports on a regular basis to administrative team to keep current with compliance efforts
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required
- Works with the human resources department and other as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees and ongoing training for all employees and managers
- Monitors the performance of the compliance program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Master's degree a plus
- Healthcare compliance certification a plus
- 8 years' experience in healthcare organization
- Experience with electronic record systems
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Effectively interprets and communicates federal and state laws, regulations and statues to work force
- Working knowledge of applicable healthcare federal and state laws, regulations and statues
- Working knowledge and understanding of all healthcare related OSHA and HIPAA regulations
- Willingness to travel as needed to all Central Care, PA locations
More about Salina, Kansas
Salina blends the convenience of city life with hometown charm and ambiance. Located in the Smoky Hills region of the Great Plains, Salina is an easy destination city at the junction of two major interstates (I-135 and I-70), offering access to all directions where they junction on the northeast part of the city.
With a population of approximately 50,000, Salina is the county seat of Saline County and is the regional trade center for north-central Kansas. Saline County has a population of approximately 56,000.
The kid-friendly community provides loads of family fun, from Kansas’ newest zoo, to more than 700 acres of parks, and an exciting water park. Visitors will discover a strong arts presence throughout the community. More large-city surprises are in store for people who come to Salina with museums, cultural events, sports facilities, restaurants, shops, and comfy accommodations. Concerts, theatre performances, festivals, and public art throughout the community speaks to the cultural visitor.
At Salina Regional Airport, United Express Airlines provides daily scheduled passenger air service to Denver International Airport and Chicago O'Hare International Airport.
Eisenhower Presidential Library & Museum (nearby in Abilene)
Kenwood Cove Aquatic Park
Rolling Hills Zoo
Salina Community Theatre
Smoky Hill Museum
Stiefel Theatre for the Performing Arts
Tony’s Pizza Events Center