Central Care Cancer Center has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Dosimetrist. This position's primary location will be Bolivar, MO. Central Care dosimetrists are responsible charting radiation treatment plans, determining treatment dimensions, and promoting the implementation of the treatment plans for radiation therapy patients.
As a Dosimetrist for Central Care, this position is expected to perform and participate in the simulation, dose computations, isodose plans, immobilization and other aspects of treatment planning for patients receiving external beam radiation therapy, and brachytherapy.
The Dosimetrist will consult with the radiation oncologists, physicists, radiation therapists and support staff, as necessary, to provide proper radiation treatment to all Central Care patients.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of the simulator and treatment planning functions as carried out by the radiation therapists to ensure provision of safe, accurate and quality radiation therapy as they may apply to dosimetric functions
- Work closely with the Radiation Oncologist and radiation physicist in planning the course of radiation therapy by performing radiation dose distribution and positioning and dosage calculations and constructing treatment devices
- Thoroughly familiar with the physical and geometric characteristics of the radiation equipment
- Assist in localization procedures, using CT or conventional radiographic techniques
- Obtain patient contours and assist in outlining of anatomical structures and the target volume in three dimensions
- Collaborate with physician to plan radiation treatments
- Determine required treatment time or monitor setting for delivery of prescribed dose
- Assist the therapists to prepare treatment aids and beam modifying devices, including head holders, molds, shields, cradles, compensators, and others as needed
- Perform verification of treatment plans through treatment simulation using CT or conventional radiographic techniques. Assist the therapy staff in the implementation of treatment plans
- Perform record keeping and documentation of treatment parameters for all patients undergoing radiation therapy
- Responsible for entry of treatment parameters in the record/verify system
- Perform routine quality control to include chart rounds and participation in CQI or QA committees, etc
- Provide education and treatment-planning instruction to staff, residents, and students as required
- Observes all safety and health regulations and ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Performs work in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of facility
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelors + Masters degree in Medical Dosimetry
- Minimum 3 years on-the-job training in dosimetry under the supervision of a Medical Physicist
- Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology and/or Radiation Therapy. Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Dosimetry
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Dosimetry required; Master's degree preferred
- Registered in Radiologic Technology and/or Radiation Therapy
- Certified in Medical Dosimetry
More about Bolivar, Missouri
Bolivar boasts the best of all worlds: thriving businesses, awarding-winning schools, a first-class university, state-of-the-art medical facilities, compassionate churches, active civic organizations, peaceful parks and limitless recreational opportunities. Conveniently located on newly-expanded Highway 13 between Kansas City and Springfield, our town of 10,000 offers you the benefits of a bustling metropolis partnered with the peace and serenity you’ll only feel in a rural setting. As of the 2010 census, the population was 10,325.
Bolivar R-I School District has a AAA rating and features four award-winning campuses. Most recently, Bolivar High School was nominated for the National Blue Ribbon Award by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Bolivar is also home to Southwest Baptist University, a four-year co-educational liberal arts university, Bolivar Technical College, and Polk County Christian School.
Bolivar is a fast-growing community but still maintains a small town family atmosphere. If you’re looking for something new, shop one of our many locally-owned stores or visit the year-round Greater Polk County Farmer’s Market. Sports enthusiasts can support the local high school and university sports teams by attending a game. Have fun at a parade or festival held regularly at the historic Bolivar square or the Polk County Fairgrounds, and Bolivar features more than 20 churches to worship in.
Among the many events held annually in Bolivar are the Light The Park celebration, Arts In The Parks, the Polk County Junior Livestock Show & Youth Fair, the CMH Basketball HoopFest, the SBU Homecoming Parade, the Bolivar Christmas Parade, Taste of Bolivar, the Lawn and Garden show, Country Days, and the 4th of July Celebration of Freedom.
Polk County Museum
Ella Carothers Dunnegan Gallery of Art
Silo Ridge Golf & Country Club
Dunnegan Memorial Park
Aqua Zone at the Roy Blunt YMCA
Lucas Oil Speedway
Stockton Lake/State Park
Pomme de Terre Lake/State Park
Lake of the Ozarks