Central Care Cancer Center is hiring for an individual to join our oncology team in Emporia, KS. Our radiation team is looking for a full time LPN to provide nursing care to cancer patients receiving radiation treatment. This position will work closely with the radiation staff and radiation oncologist.
- Monitors and records vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, and pulse rate
- Draws labs for patients and assists with care as needed
- Prepare patient charts and ensure all necessary information is included
- Document all labs and diagnostics
- Document the patient and physician encounter with the interval history
- Communicate effectively with other team members through orders and chart messages
- Add new diagnosis codes as well as place all orders
- Work with physician to construct notes and dictation on all patient visits
- Record patient information in EMR
- Assist physician during follow-ups and new consults
- Serves as intermediary for communication between patient and family as well as between patient and physician
- Instructs the patient and family on in-home care
- 3+ years medical office experience required
- Previous scribe or transcription experience preferred
- CNA/CMA/LPN experience preferred
- Coding experience a plus
- Must be able to type at least 50 words per minute
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Word and Excel Knowledge preferred
More about Emporia, Kansas
Emporia has an important place in American history. It is the founding city of Veterans Day. It is also the home of famous newspaper editor William Allen White, who was known nationally as the Sage of Emporia for gaining the ear and trust of U.S. Presidents and leaders of his day.
Emporia is the county seat of Lyon County; the city population is about 25,000 people, and Lyon County has approximately 35,000 people.
Elements of Emporia’s proud history are reflected in its historic downtown, which today is abundant with local nightlife, cuisine, coffee antiques and boutiques. With more than 17 different architectural styles, including the Spanish Colonial Revival of the Historic Granada Theatre, a stroll down Commercial Street is an architecture lover’s dream.
While its quaint setting on the verge of the Flint Hills is attractive to many, Emporia still offers an array of large-city opportunities. It is conveniently located between Wichita, Topeka and Kansas City, three of the largest cities in Kansas. Interstates – I-35 and I-335 intersect at Emporia, making travel to and from the city even more convenient.
Because of its scenic landscape, Emporia is home to avid cycling community, and the surrounding Flint Hills offer some the best and most challenging gravel road cycling opportunities in the nation. Also known for disc golf, with four professional 18-hole disc golf courses in the city and two more champion level courses within 20 minutes, Emporia is home to the largest disc golf tournament in the world.