Central Care Cancer Center has opportunity for an LPN in their Newton, KS clinic location. There is opportunity for both a part time and full time position.
The LPN will work closely with the clinical staff and medical oncologist. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. The essential duty of the LPN position is to support the treatment of cancer patients and the RN staff.
- Monitors and records vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, and pulse rates
- Administers hydration to patients as directed by physician
- Administers injections to patients as directed by physician
- Follows up on missing charges and makes any needed corrections
- Provides assistance to oncology nursing staff
- Works directly with clinic manager and assists manager with assigned projects or tasks
- 2+ years’ experience as an LPN
- Oncology experienced a plus
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Clear communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Team Player
More about Newton, Kansas
Newton provides a friendly, small-town atmosphere, away from the metropolitan hustle and bustle, but it offers the convenience of city life just 20 minutes away. Newton is located 25 miles north of Wichita, which is the largest city in Kansas. Affordable real estate and proximity to the city, makes Newton an attractive place to live for those who like the blend of urban-meets-rural lifestyle.
A vibrant Kansas community of approximately 20,000 people, Newton is the county seat of Harvey County, which has a population of more than 35,000. Newton and neighboring North Newton combine to feature an active arts community, three National Historic Districts, plus a variety of museums and attractions.
Newton offers a beautiful historic downtown, features unique dining and shopping opportunities throughout the city, and it boasts more than two-dozen parks within close proximity. There are a wide variety of out-door recreational options -- from picnics, to disc golf, to hiking and biking, to fishing and camping.
Interstate 135 runs along the eastern part of the city, and provides convenient access for travel to and from Newton. Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport is only 33 miles south of Newton with access to non-stop flights across the country, including Los Angeles, Dallas-Fort-Worth, Atlanta and Chicago.