Central Care Cancer Center is looking to hire a full time Maintenance Technician in it's Kansas City, KS location.
The Maintenance Technician will to support all facility needs at Central Care Cancer Center's 11 locations. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Participate in meetings with vendors and/or communicate as necessary with external contacts and vendors
- Assist with completing clinic repairs, including, but not limited to; replacing light bulbs, repairing door locks, minor plumbing work, heating and air conditioning systems maintenance, etc.
- Perform landscaping duties such as watering plants, pulling weeds, trimming of trees, etc.
- Assist IT department as needed or requested by Chief Information Officer
- Move and set up furniture
- Travel weekly, sometimes overnight, to Central Care Cancer Center locations in order to complete various repairs, make deliveries, assess issues, etc.
- Works safely and in a professional manner
- Perform monthly checks of exit signs, fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, etc.
- Assist with auto fleet maintenance as directed by the Maintenance Manager and Auto Fleet Committee
- 2+ years maintenance experience
- Maintenance experience in a healthcare institution preferred
- General mechanical knowledge
- General electrical knowledge
- Experience working as a handyman a plus
- Associates' Degree preferred
- Ability to assess and trouble shoot issues
- Ability to learn new skills and earn new certifications as requested
- Skilled at a wide range of repairs, such as trade skills, repair work, maintenance work, both interior and exterior
- Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task duties and projects in fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
More about Kansas City, Kansas
Kansas City is comprised of two cities that share the Missouri River as their border, which also divides Missouri from Kansas. The Kansas City metropolitan region is a 14 county area anchored by Kansas City, MO. With a population of 2.1 million, the region includes a number of other cities and suburbs, the largest being Overland Park, KS; Kansas City, KS; Olathe, KS; and Independence, MO; each over 100,000 in population.
Collectively, Kansas City is famous for its unique style of barbecue, jazz heritage, fountains and architecture, along with professional sports teams and events.
Kansas City has a bevy of different cultural offerings, such as the unique Country Club Plaza area. Known for its Spanish architecture, this 15-block district features some of Kansas City’s best shopping and dining options. Kansas City’s rich culture inspires several must-see destinations: The Power & Light District features more than 50 restaurants and shops. For art lovers, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art is a sure hit with extensive permanent and traveling exhibits.
Kansas City is bisected by four interstates: I-35, I-49, I-29 and I-70 for easy access around the metro area, as well as to other locations. The city features Kansas City International Airport, just 15 miles northwest of downtown Kansas City with more than a dozen carriers serving passengers. A new airport terminal is expected to be built in approximately four years. At Union Station, Amtrak service provides six passenger trains daily, which includes two round trips to St. Louis, one departing for Chicago and one departing for Los Angeles.
Museums and Art
American Jazz Museum
Arabia Steamboat Museum
Harry S. Truman Library and Museum
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
National WWI Museum and Memorial
Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Professional Sporting Teams and Events
Kansas City Chiefs (National Football League)
Kansas City Royals (Major League Baseball)
Kansas Speedway (NASCAR Sprint Cup)
Sporting Kansas City (Major League Soccer)