IT and Maintenance Technician
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring an individual to assist with facility, IT and maintenance operations throughout its 12 locations.
The IT and Maintenance Technician will be responsible for supporting all Central Care facilities alongside CIO and fellow Maintenance Technician. This role involves overseeing building improvements, utilities and mechanical/electrical systems, coordinating preventative maintenance, parking, equipment, landscaping, equipment set up and maintenance of company vehicles.
Candidates must have excellent communication, problem solving, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Coordinates and orders contracted services as needed to accomplish repairs
- Performs maintenance of buildings
- Schedules facility modifications
- Purchase supplies and equipment as needed
- Supports and manages projects related to facilities maintenance
- Communicates with administrative team as well as clinic managers
- Coordinates and assesses repairs and maintenance for company fleet of automobiles
- Treats sidewalks etc. at administrative office in cases of winter weather
- Performs minor landscaping tasks at administrative office when necessary
- Perform monthly checks of exit signs, fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, etc.
- Collect, sort and dispose of recycling at Salina facilities
- Assist with auto fleet maintenance as directed by the Maintenance Technician and Auto Fleet Committee
- Assist with completing clinic repairs, including, but not limited to; replacing light bulbs, repairing door locks, minor plumbing work, heating and air conditioning systems maintenance, etc.
- Perform landscaping duties such as watering plants, pulling weeds, trimming of trees, etc.
- Assist IT department as needed or requested by Maintenance Technician and/or Chief Information Officer
- Participate in meetings with vendors and/or communicate as necessary with external contacts and vendors
- Move and set up furniture
- Travel weekly, sometimes overnight, to Central Care Cancer Center locations in order to complete various repairs, make deliveries, assess issues, etc.
- Works safely and in a professional manner
- Performs all duties as assigned by Maintenance Technician, CIO or CEO
Associates Degree preferred
- 3+ years' experience performing facilities maintenance for a healthcare institution
- IT experience preferred
- General knowledge of computers and software knowledge a plus
- Problem solving and analytic skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Willingness to travel weekly and as necessary to all Central Care site locations
More about Salina, Kansas
Salina blends the convenience of city life with hometown charm and ambiance. Located in the Smoky Hills region of the Great Plains, Salina is an easy destination city at the junction of two major interstates (I-135 and I-70), offering access to all directions where they junction on the northeast part of the city.
With a population of approximately 50,000, Salina is the county seat of Saline County and is the regional trade center for north-central Kansas. Saline County has a population of approximately 56,000.
The kid-friendly community provides loads of family fun, from Kansas’ newest zoo, to more than 700 acres of parks, and an exciting water park. Visitors will discover a strong arts presence throughout the community. More large-city surprises are in store for people who come to Salina with museums, cultural events, sports facilities, restaurants, shops, and comfy accommodations. Concerts, theatre performances, festivals, and public art throughout the community speaks to the cultural visitor.
At Salina Regional Airport, United Express Airlines provides daily scheduled passenger air service to Denver International Airport and Chicago O'Hare International Airport.
Eisenhower Presidential Library & Museum (nearby in Abilene)
Kenwood Cove Aquatic Park
Rolling Hills Zoo
Salina Community Theatre
Smoky Hill Museum
Stiefel Theatre for the Performing Arts
Tony’s Pizza Events Center