Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full time Medical Assistant to assist in their Emporia, KS clinic location.
The MA will work closely with the clinical staff and medical oncologists. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Interviews patients; measures vital signs such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records all information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients
- Assists medical oncologist and RN staff as directed by physician and clinic manager
- Assists with scheduling appointments; insurance requests, medical records, and other office duties as assigned
- Sends out physician notes when requested
- Provides support to front desk staff with duties including, but not limited to, answering the phone, taking messages, checking patients in etc.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records
- Communicates effectively with all clinic staff
- 2 – 5 years hands on MA or CNA experience required
- Oncology experience a plus
- Proficient working with EMR systems
- Ability to utilize multiple systems at once
- Great phone etiquette
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians and patients
- Ability to multi-task
- Great organizational skills
- Strong understanding of HIPAA and OSHA expectations and requirements
More about Emporia, Kansas
Emporia has an important place in American history. It is the founding city of Veterans Day. It is also the home of famous newspaper editor William Allen White, who was known nationally as the Sage of Emporia for gaining the ear and trust of U.S. Presidents and leaders of his day.
Emporia is the county seat of Lyon County; the city population is about 25,000 people, and Lyon County has approximately 35,000 people.
Elements of Emporia’s proud history are reflected in its historic downtown, which today is abundant with local nightlife, cuisine, coffee antiques and boutiques. With more than 17 different architectural styles, including the Spanish Colonial Revival of the Historic Granada Theatre, a stroll down Commercial Street is an architecture lover’s dream.
While its quaint setting on the verge of the Flint Hills is attractive to many, Emporia still offers an array of large-city opportunities. It is conveniently located between Wichita, Topeka and Kansas City, three of the largest cities in Kansas. Interstates – I-35 and I-335 intersect at Emporia, making travel to and from the city even more convenient.
Because of its scenic landscape, Emporia is home to avid cycling community, and the surrounding Flint Hills offer some the best and most challenging gravel road cycling opportunities in the nation. Also known for disc golf, with four professional 18-hole disc golf courses in the city and two more champion level courses within 20 minutes, Emporia is home to the largest disc golf tournament in the world.