Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a part time Medical Assistant to assist in their Newton, KS clinic location.
The MA will work closely with the clinical staff and medical oncologists. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Interviews patients; measures vital signs such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records all information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed; cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Assists the front desk with scheduling appointments; receiving money for bills; insurance requests, tracking x-rays and other medical records etc.
- Provides support to front desk staff with duties including, but not limited to, answering the phone, taking messages, checking patients in etc.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records
- Communicates effectively with all clinic staff
- Performs all tasks as assigned by clinic managers
CNA, CMA, MA
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years medical office experience required
- 2+ years hands on MA/CNA/CMA experience required
- Oncology experience a plus
- Must be a team player, willing to assist in all areas of the clinic
More about Newton, Kansas
Newton provides a friendly, small-town atmosphere, away from the metropolitan hustle and bustle, but it offers the convenience of city life just 20 minutes away. Newton is located 25 miles north of Wichita, which is the largest city in Kansas. Affordable real estate and proximity to the city, makes Newton an attractive place to live for those who like the blend of urban-meets-rural lifestyle.
A vibrant Kansas community of approximately 20,000 people, Newton is the county seat of Harvey County, which has a population of more than 35,000. Newton and neighboring North Newton combine to feature an active arts community, three National Historic Districts, plus a variety of museums and attractions.
Newton offers a beautiful historic downtown, features unique dining and shopping opportunities throughout the city, and it boasts more than two-dozen parks within close proximity. There are a wide variety of out-door recreational options -- from picnics, to disc golf, to hiking and biking, to fishing and camping.
Interstate 135 runs along the eastern part of the city, and provides convenient access for travel to and from Newton. Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport is only 33 miles south of Newton with access to non-stop flights across the country, including Los Angeles, Dallas-Fort-Worth, Atlanta and Chicago.