Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full time Medical Assistant to assist in their Kansas City, KS clinic location.
- Interviews patients; measures vital signs such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records all information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed; cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Provides support to front desk staff with duties including, but not limited to, answering the phone, taking messages, checking patients in etc.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records
- Communicates effectively with all clinic staff
- 2 – 5 years medical office experience
- 2 – 5 years hands on MA/CMA/CNA experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team and individually
- Great attention to detail while providing quality patient care
More about Kansas City, Kansas
Kansas City is comprised of two cities that share the Missouri River as their border, which also divides Missouri from Kansas. The Kansas City metropolitan region is a 14 county area anchored by Kansas City, MO. With a population of 2.1 million, the region includes a number of other cities and suburbs, the largest being Overland Park, KS; Kansas City, KS; Olathe, KS; and Independence, MO; each over 100,000 in population.
Collectively, Kansas City is famous for its unique style of barbecue, jazz heritage, fountains and architecture, along with professional sports teams and events.
Kansas City has a bevy of different cultural offerings, such as the unique Country Club Plaza area. Known for its Spanish architecture, this 15-block district features some of Kansas City’s best shopping and dining options. Kansas City’s rich culture inspires several must-see destinations: The Power & Light District features more than 50 restaurants and shops. For art lovers, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art is a sure hit with extensive permanent and traveling exhibits.
Kansas City is bisected by four interstates: I-35, I-49, I-29 and I-70 for easy access around the metro area, as well as to other locations. The city features Kansas City International Airport, just 15 miles northwest of downtown Kansas City with more than a dozen carriers serving passengers. A new airport terminal is expected to be built in approximately four years. At Union Station, Amtrak service provides six passenger trains daily, which includes two round trips to St. Louis, one departing for Chicago and one departing for Los Angeles.
Museums and Art
American Jazz Museum
Arabia Steamboat Museum
Harry S. Truman Library and Museum
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
National WWI Museum and Memorial
Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Professional Sporting Teams and Events
Kansas City Chiefs (National Football League)
Kansas City Royals (Major League Baseball)
Kansas Speedway (NASCAR Sprint Cup)
Sporting Kansas City (Major League Soccer)