Medical Assistant, Garden City
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full time Medical Assistant to assist the medical oncology team in their growing Garden City, KS clinic location.
The Medical Assistant will work closely with the medical oncology staff.The right candidate will have strong attention to detail, communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team. Central Care Cancer Center offers a positive, fast-paced environment where employees work to provide the best possible care to our patients.
- One-on-one time with medical oncologists and other healthcare providers
- Exposure to medical oncology in a clinical environment
- No late nights or weekends 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday schedule
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Employer paid life and accident insurance
- Scrub reimbursement
- Assist with rooming patients, taking vitals and documenting patient information in medical record
- Assists with scheduling appointments; insurance requests, medical records, and other office duties as assigned
- Assist with setting up virtual appointments for patients
- Sends out physician notes when requested
- Provides support to front desk staff
- Communicates effectively with all clinic staff
- Prepares treatment rooms for patients
- At least six months to one year related experience and/or training
- MA/CNA/CMA experience preferred but not required
More about Garden City, Kansas
Garden City, Kansas (pop. 27,004) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Finney County (pop. 37,097), and is the economic hub for the region, serving a population of approximately 200,000.
From the World’s Largest Hand Dug Pool and Splash Park that covers a full city block, to world class hunting, or Kansas’s #1 public golf course, Garden City boasts fun for everyone, regardless of age and interest. Also, located a short 3 ½ hour drive from the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Garden City offers easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities and sights, such as hiking, white water rafting, fishing, skiing, and many more adventures! Garden City also offers several convenient jet service flights to Dallas each day.
With nearly 40 languages spoken locally, Finney County was rated the most diverse community in Kansas outside of the Kansas City metro. (Niche.com)
Our new 30,000 sq/ft facility provides cutting edge technology and numerous support services, all in a quiet and comfortable setting. Heartland Cancer Center in Garden City features the only in-house PET/CT simulator in Western Kansas, as well as the latest linear accelerator from Varian, the TrueBeam STx. We also offer access to clinical trials, oncology navigators, and optional private infusion suites. The Breast Center at St. Catherine Hospital, also located under our roof, is the only nationally accredited Breast Center between Kansas City and Denver.