Medical Assistant, Garden City
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full time Medical Assistant to assist the medical oncology division in their Garden City, KS clinic location.
The Medical Assistant will work closely with the medical oncology staff. Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to multi-task, and succeed in a fast paced environment. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Initial interview with patients, and measures vital signs to record on patient charts.
- Assist patients with health history.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Positions instruments and equipment for Doctor, as well as assisting if needed.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Provides support to front desk staff as needed.
- Prepare patient charts and ensure all necessary information is included.
- Document all labs and diagnostics.
- Document the patient and physician encounter with the interval history.
- Record patient information in EMR.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments following appointment.
- Assist physician as needed.
- At least six months to one year related experience and/or training
- MA/CNA/CMA experience preferred but not required
- Previous scribe or transcription experience preferred but not required
- Coding experience a plus
More about Garden City, Kansas
Garden City, Kansas (pop. 27,004) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Finney County (pop. 37,097), and is the economic hub for the region, serving a population of approximately 200,000.
From the World’s Largest Hand Dug Pool and Splash Park that covers a full city block, to world class hunting, or Kansas’s #1 public golf course, Garden City boasts fun for everyone, regardless of age and interest. Also, located a short 3 ½ hour drive from the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Garden City offers easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities and sights, such as hiking, white water rafting, fishing, skiing, and many more adventures! Garden City also offers several convenient jet service flights to Dallas each day.
With nearly 40 languages spoken locally, Finney County was rated the most diverse community in Kansas outside of the Kansas City metro. (Niche.com)
Our new 30,000 sq/ft facility provides cutting edge technology and numerous support services, all in a quiet and comfortable setting. Heartland Cancer Center in Garden City features the only in-house PET/CT simulator in Western Kansas, as well as the latest linear accelerator from Varian, the TrueBeam STx. We also offer access to clinical trials, oncology navigators, and optional private infusion suites. The Breast Center at St. Catherine Hospital, also located under our roof, is the only nationally accredited Breast Center between Kansas City and Denver.