Medical Assistant- Great Bend, KS
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full time Medical Assistant to assist the medical oncology division in their Great Bend, KS clinic location.
The Medical Assistant will work closely with the medical oncology staff. Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Interviews patients; measures vital signs such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records all information on patients' charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed; cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Assists the front desk with scheduling appointments; receiving money for bills; insurance requests, tracking x-rays and other medical records etc.
- Provides support to front desk staff.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
- Communicates effectively with all clinic staff.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years medical office experience
- MA/CNA/CMA experience a plus
- 2 - 5 years hands on MA experience preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
More about Great Bend, Kansas
Great Bend is a vibrant community of approximately 16,000 people located in the heart of America; near the geographical center of Kansas. The central location of the city allows for short travel to anywhere in the state, including Wichita and Kansas City.
The people of Great Bend enjoy conveniences of a lager city, like first rate educational, medical and recreation facilities. For all of the large city conveniences the community still retains its small-town charm.
Culturally, Great Bend features the Shafer Art Gallery at Barton County Community College. It’s also known for the natural existence of Cheyenne Bottoms near Great Bend, the largest marsh in the interior United States.
Recreational opportunities abound with Great Bend showcasing one of the largest zoos between Kansas City and Denver, a state-of-the-art raptor rehabilitation center, and a splashing-good-time water park. There are four golf courses in a 25-mile radius of Great Bend: Stoneridge, Lake Barton, Ellinwood, and Larned. Community theater and musical products, concerts, band performances, and numerous art exhibits provide cultural experiences throughout the year.
Great Bend is the county seat of Barton County. It is named for its location at the point where the course of the Arkansas River bends east then southeast. Barton County has a population of more than 27,000 people.
● Fort Larned National Historic Site