Medical Assistant, Kansas City, MO
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full time Medical Assistant to assist the medical oncology division in their Kansas City, MO clinic location at St. Joseph Medical Center.
The Medical Assistant will work closely with the medical oncology staff. Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to multi-task, and succeed in a fast paced environment. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Initial interview with patients, and measures vital signs to record on patient charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Positions instruments and equipment for Doctor, as well as assisting if needed.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Provides support to front desk staff as needed
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments following appointment.
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records.