Central Care Cancer Center has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Dosimetrist. This position's primary location will be Salina, KS. Central Care dosimetrists are responsible charting radiation treatment plans, determining treatment dimensions, and promoting the implementation of the treatment plans for radiation therapy patients.
As a Dosimetrist for Central Care, this position is expected to perform and participate in the simulation, dose computations, isodose plans, immobilization and other aspects of treatment planning for patients receiving external beam radiation therapy, and brachytherapy.
The Dosimetrist will consult with the radiation oncologists, physicists, radiation therapists and support staff, as necessary, to provide proper radiation treatment to all Central Care patients.
- Designing treatment plans with optimal beam geometry to treat patient and spare critical structures in accordance to Radiation Oncologist’s prescription.
- Identify and contour normal and dose-limiting structures
- Perform image registration with various image data sets to include CT, MRI, PET
- Perform calculations for accurate delivery of prescribed dose
- Create and transfer reference images for portal verification and treatment delivery to include DRRs and IGRT imaging
- Collaborate with physician to plan radiation treatments
- Supervise, perform, or assist in simulations and tumor localization using imaging devices including CT, MRI, PET, and Linear Accelerator
- Supervise, perform, or assist in the planning, fabrication, and implementation of compensation filters, custom shields, wedges, and any other beam modifying device.
- Supervise, perform, or assist in the production of masks, molds, cradles, or any other immobilization device
- Communicate with Radiation Therapists and assume advisory role in the implementation of the treatment plan
- Work in partnership with Medical Physicist for radiation safety and protection, quality assurance of treatment plans, and radiation oncology equipment
- Perform record keeping and documentation of treatment parameters for all patients undergoing radiation therapy
- Responsible for entry of treatment parameters in the record/verify system
- Perform routine quality control to include chart rounds and participation in CQI or QA committees, etc
- Provide education and treatment-planning instruction to staff, residents, and students as required
- Observes all safety and health regulations and ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Performs work in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of facility
- All other duties as assigned.
Certified in Medical Dosimetry
- Minimum 2 years dosimetry experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Dosimetry
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Certified in Medical Dosimetry
More about Salina, Kansas
Salina blends the convenience of city life with hometown charm and ambiance. Located in the Smoky Hills region of the Great Plains, Salina is an easy destination city at the junction of two major interstates (I-135 and I-70), offering access to all directions where they junction on the northeast part of the city.
With a population of approximately 50,000, Salina is the county seat of Saline County and is the regional trade center for north-central Kansas. Saline County has a population of approximately 56,000.
The kid-friendly community provides loads of family fun, from Kansas’ newest zoo, to more than 700 acres of parks, and an exciting water park. Visitors will discover a strong arts presence throughout the community. More large-city surprises are in store for people who come to Salina with museums, cultural events, sports facilities, restaurants, shops, and comfy accommodations. Concerts, theatre performances, festivals, and public art throughout the community speaks to the cultural visitor.
At Salina Regional Airport, United Express Airlines provides daily scheduled passenger air service to Denver International Airport and Chicago O'Hare International Airport.
Eisenhower Presidential Library & Museum (nearby in Abilene)
Kenwood Cove Aquatic Park
Rolling Hills Zoo
Salina Community Theatre
Smoky Hill Museum
Stiefel Theatre for the Performing Arts
Tony’s Pizza Events Center