Medical Dosimetrist- Emporia
Central Care Cancer Center has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Dosimetrist. This position's primary location will be Emporia, KS. Central Care dosimetrists are responsible charting radiation treatment plans, determining treatment dimensions, and promoting the implementation of the treatment plans for radiation therapy patients.
- Designing treatment plans with optimal beam geometry to treat patient and spare critical structures in accordance to Radiation Oncologist’s prescription.
- Identify and contour normal and dose-limiting structures
- Perform image registration with various image data sets to include CT, MRI, PET
- Perform calculations for accurate delivery of prescribed dose
- Create and transfer reference images for portal verification and treatment delivery to include DRRs and IGRT imaging
- Collaborate with physician to plan radiation treatments
- Supervise, perform, or assist in simulations and tumor localization using imaging devices including CT, MRI, PET, and Linear Accelerator
- Supervise, perform, or assist in the planning, fabrication, and implementation of compensation filters, custom shields, wedges, and any other beam modifying device.
- Supervise, perform, or assist in the production of masks, molds, cradles, or any other immobilization device
- Communicate with Radiation Therapists and assume advisory role in the implementation of the treatment plan
- Work in partnership with Medical Physicist for radiation safety and protection, quality assurance of treatment plans, and radiation oncology equipment
- Perform record keeping and documentation of treatment parameters for all patients undergoing radiation therapy
- Responsible for entry of treatment parameters in the record/verify system
- Perform routine quality control to include chart rounds and participation in CQI or QA committees, etc
- Provide education and treatment-planning instruction to staff, residents, and students as required
- Observes all safety and health regulations and ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Performs work in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of facility
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelors + Masters degree
- Minimum 2 years dosimetry experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Dosimetry
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Certified in Medical Dosimetry
More about Emporia, Kansas
Emporia has an important place in American history. It is the founding city of Veterans Day. It is also the home of famous newspaper editor William Allen White, who was known nationally as the Sage of Emporia for gaining the ear and trust of U.S. Presidents and leaders of his day.
Emporia is the county seat of Lyon County; the city population is about 25,000 people, and Lyon County has approximately 35,000 people.
Elements of Emporia’s proud history are reflected in its historic downtown, which today is abundant with local nightlife, cuisine, coffee antiques and boutiques. With more than 17 different architectural styles, including the Spanish Colonial Revival of the Historic Granada Theatre, a stroll down Commercial Street is an architecture lover’s dream.
While its quaint setting on the verge of the Flint Hills is attractive to many, Emporia still offers an array of large-city opportunities. It is conveniently located between Wichita, Topeka and Kansas City, three of the largest cities in Kansas. Interstates – I-35 and I-335 intersect at Emporia, making travel to and from the city even more convenient.
Because of its scenic landscape, Emporia is home to avid cycling community, and the surrounding Flint Hills offer some the best and most challenging gravel road cycling opportunities in the nation. Also known for disc golf, with four professional 18-hole disc golf courses in the city and two more champion level courses within 20 minutes, Emporia is home to the largest disc golf tournament in the world.