Medical Laboratory Technologist
The medical laboratory technologist will be responsible for drawing blood, tagging each sample and then working closely with the lab to make sure that the proper samples are delivered for each patient.
- Collect and tag specimens exactly as outlines in each medical requisition.
- Prepares blood draw are for examination of patients.
- Properly package each specimen and ensure that every specimen is delivered to the laboratory on time.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area based on state health laws and the guidelines of our organization.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Performs routine laboratory tests.
- Schedules appointments
- Performs secretarial tasks; and completes insurance forms.
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
Job ExperienceMinimum of six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other QualificationsPhlebotomy certification preferred High school diploma/GED required. Medical Assistant degree preferred.
More about Garden City, Kansas
Garden City, Kansas (pop. 27,004) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Finney County (pop. 37,097), and is the economic hub for the region, serving a population of approximately 200,000.
From the World’s Largest Hand Dug Pool and Splash Park that covers a full city block, to world class hunting, or Kansas’s #1 public golf course, Garden City boasts fun for everyone, regardless of age and interest. Also, located a short 3 ½ hour drive from the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Garden City offers easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities and sights, such as hiking, white water rafting, fishing, skiing, and many more adventures! Garden City also offers several convenient jet service flights to Dallas each day.
With nearly 40 languages spoken locally, Finney County was rated the most diverse community in Kansas outside of the Kansas City metro. (Niche.com)
Our new 30,000 sq/ft facility provides cutting edge technology and numerous support services, all in a quiet and comfortable setting. Heartland Cancer Center in Garden City features the only in-house PET/CT simulator in Western Kansas, as well as the latest linear accelerator from Varian, the TrueBeam STx. We also offer access to clinical trials, oncology navigators, and optional private infusion suites. The Breast Center at St. Catherine Hospital, also located under our roof, is the only nationally accredited Breast Center between Kansas City and Denver.