Medical Office Receptionist / Transcriptionist
Central Care Cancer Center is looking to hire a full-time Receptionist to also assist with Transcription needs at Tammy Walker Cancer Center in Salina, KS. This position will check in and greet patients as they come into the clinic as well as answer the phone and direct phone calls appropriately, and perform other clerical duties as assigned.
Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgment as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
Additionally, this position will be required to work until clinic closes at 5:30pm, Monday - Friday.
Essential FunctionsEssential Receptionist Functions
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information
- Welcomes on-site visitors and monitors visitor access and issues passes when required
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes
- Schedules appointments for patients and physicians
- Prepares new patient charts, sends out new patient paperwork, and verifies paperwork when received
- Collates & compiles medical records in each chart
- Organizes charts as requested
- Obtains pre-certifications for imaging
- Collects payments for services
- Performs other clerical duties as assigned
- Listen to the recorded physician dictation to construct notes on all patient visits
- Translate medical abbreviations into the appropriate long form
- Format and finalize all dictation notes in preparation to be sent out to referring physicians
- Follow up with the physician to ensure the accuracy of the reports
- Record patient information in EMR
High school diploma or equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years medical office experience
- Transcription experience preferred
- Coding experience a plus
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Clear communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Computer skills – proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Efficient typing and listening skills; must be able to type 55+ WPM
More about Salina, Kansas
Salina blends the convenience of city life with hometown charm and ambiance. Located in the Smoky Hills region of the Great Plains, Salina is an easy destination city at the junction of two major interstates (I-135 and I-70), offering access to all directions where they junction on the northeast part of the city.
With a population of approximately 50,000, Salina is the county seat of Saline County and is the regional trade center for north-central Kansas. Saline County has a population of approximately 56,000.
The kid-friendly community provides loads of family fun, from Kansas’ newest zoo, to more than 700 acres of parks, and an exciting water park. Visitors will discover a strong arts presence throughout the community. More large-city surprises are in store for people who come to Salina with museums, cultural events, sports facilities, restaurants, shops, and comfy accommodations. Concerts, theatre performances, festivals, and public art throughout the community speaks to the cultural visitor.
At Salina Regional Airport, United Express Airlines provides daily scheduled passenger air service to Denver International Airport and Chicago O'Hare International Airport.
Eisenhower Presidential Library & Museum (nearby in Abilene)
Kenwood Cove Aquatic Park
Rolling Hills Zoo
Salina Community Theatre
Smoky Hill Museum
Stiefel Theatre for the Performing Arts
Tony’s Pizza Events Center