Payment Posting Specialist
Central Care Cancer Center is seeking a full-time medical payment poster for a growing medical practice in our Salina office.
Duties include posting and managing patient account payments, submitting electronic claims, identify underpayments and denials. Knowledge of ICD10 and CPT/HCPCS coding, Medicare and managed care contracts and insurance explanation of benefits required. Excellent computer skills necessary. Efficiently manage multiple tasks and attention to detail. Must be qualified to participate in Federal Health Programs, including Medicare/Medicaid. Must have 2+ year’s prior medical payment posting experience or insurance billing experience. Competitive salary and benefits. EOE.
E-Mail or Mail Resume and Cover Letter to:
Central Care Cancer Center
PO Box 256
Salina, KS 67402-0256
- Collecting, posting and managing account payments
- Submitting electronic claims
- Identifying billing errors
- 2+ years insurance experience required
- 2+ years experience in a medical office
- 1+ years medical payment posting experience
- Knowledge of ICD9/ICD 10 and CPT coding
- Medicare insurance experience and knowledge
- Experience managing contracts
- Experience with complex explanation of insurance benefits
- Must be qualified to participate in Federal Health Programs, including Medicare/Medicaid
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional computer skills – minimum 3 years’ experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
More about Salina, Kansas
Salina blends the convenience of city life with hometown charm and ambiance. Located in the Smoky Hills region of the Great Plains, Salina is an easy destination city at the junction of two major interstates (I-135 and I-70), offering access to all directions where they junction on the northeast part of the city.
With a population of approximately 50,000, Salina is the county seat of Saline County and is the regional trade center for north-central Kansas. Saline County has a population of approximately 56,000.
The kid-friendly community provides loads of family fun, from Kansas’ newest zoo, to more than 700 acres of parks, and an exciting water park. Visitors will discover a strong arts presence throughout the community. More large-city surprises are in store for people who come to Salina with museums, cultural events, sports facilities, restaurants, shops, and comfy accommodations. Concerts, theatre performances, festivals, and public art throughout the community speaks to the cultural visitor.
At Salina Regional Airport, United Express Airlines provides daily scheduled passenger air service to Denver International Airport and Chicago O'Hare International Airport.
Eisenhower Presidential Library & Museum (nearby in Abilene)
Kenwood Cove Aquatic Park
Rolling Hills Zoo
Salina Community Theatre
Smoky Hill Museum
Stiefel Theatre for the Performing Arts
Tony’s Pizza Events Center