Medical Reimbursement Specialist
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring an individual to assist the billing team as well as Director of Reimbursement in their Dodge City, KS clinic location.
The Medical Reimbursement Specialist will work closely with the Director of Reimbursement and billing team to conduct medical billing reviews for oncology services in an effort to ensure accurate, maximized reimbursement for the organization. Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Perform prospective, retrospective, concurrent, and charge capture reviews
- Gather, classify, and evaluate information about the quality and completeness of patient billing
- Prepare and submit to billing department any corrections to patient accounts such as late, missing, or lost charges, credits or billing adjustments
- Identify and/or investigate and correct any issues that prevent optimal and compliant billing
- Spot trends to proactively reduce denials and report this information to all billing staff to reduce and eliminate future denials
- Assist in resolving insurance contract issues and disputes
- Educate, train, and assist departments regarding billing issues and best practices, ensuring charge accuracy and billing compliance
- Analyze and audit denials
- Analyze data to identify gaps in reimbursement
- Communicate with insurance companies and billing team
- Other medical office duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years medical billing experience required
- Auditing experience preferred
- Oncology related experience a plus
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD10 coding
- CPC certification preferred
More about Dodge City, Kansas
Dodge City, Kansas (pop. 28,117) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Ford County (pop. 34,599).
Famous for its reputation in the “Wild West”, and being the home to lawmen Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday, Dodge City has become a tourism destination. From the Boot Hill Casino and Resort to Raceway, major concert venue, museums and more, there is always a reason to “Get the Heck Into Dodge”. In addition to the array of activities, Dodge City and Ford County have a thriving economy, having been ranked in the top 10 “Least Economically Stressed Counties” in the U.S. by the Associated Press and Huffington Post.
Ford County ranks as the 4th most diverse county in Kansas.