Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant – Liberal, KS
Central Care Cancer Center is seeking a full-time Licensed Nurse Practitioner or Certified Physician Assistant for their new clinic location in Liberal, KS.
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will work closely with the Medical Oncologists and oncology staff. Candidates must have excellent communication, problem solving, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Establish rapport with patients
- Provide diagnosis and treatment
- Provide patient instruction and education
- Patient follow up in coordination with the Medical Oncologist
- Collaborate with Medical Oncologist to follow patient treatment and regimen
- Review labs and other patient information as necessary to provide quality patient care
- Nurse Practitioner License
- Certified Physician Assistant
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree
- Oncology experience preferred
- 3+ years’ experience practicing as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
More about Liberal, Kansas
Liberal, Kansas (pop. 21,000) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Finney County (pop. 23,250) near the Oklahoma border. The local area features national nature preserves, fishing, hiking, and an abundance of activities for all ages and interests right here at home.
Liberal, as the official home of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, provides a whole world of experiences if you just follow the Yellow Brick Road! Enjoy Adventure Bay Water Park with its slides, tipping buckets and toys; family activity pool with basketball goals, lily pad rope course; and pirate ship pool with 20 spray and play features and four slides. Liberal also offers more family fun with fishing at Arkalon Park, a local semi pro baseball team, and the 5th largest air museum in the country.
Liberal is rated the 5th most diverse city in Kansas.
Featured Attractions and Events: