Oncology Assistant / LPN / Scribe
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full time Scribe to assist in their NEW Kansas City, KS clinic location.
The Scribe will work closely with the clinical staff and medical oncologists to complete patient charts and dictation. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. The essential duty of the scribe position is to thoroughly document the entire encounter of the patient’s visit with the physician.
- Assist patients with health history
- Patient care assistance as needed
- Prepare patient charts and ensure all necessary information is included
- Document all labs and diagnostics
- Document the patient and physician encounter with the interval history
- Communicate effectively with other team members through orders and chart messages
- Add new diagnosis codes as well as place all orders
- Work side by side with physician to construct notes and dictation on all patient visits
- Record patient information in EMR
- Assist physician as needed
- 2-5 years medical office experience required
- Previous scribe or transcription experience preferred
- CNA/CMA experience a plus
- Coding experience a plus
- Oncology experience a plus
- LPN a plus
- Must be able to type at least 50wpm
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
More about Kansas City, Kansas
Kansas City is comprised of two cities that share the Missouri River as their border, which also divides Missouri from Kansas. The Kansas City metropolitan region is a 14 county area anchored by Kansas City, MO. With a population of 2.1 million, the region includes a number of other cities and suburbs, the largest being Overland Park, KS; Kansas City, KS; Olathe, KS; and Independence, MO; each over 100,000 in population.
Collectively, Kansas City is famous for its unique style of barbecue, jazz heritage, fountains and architecture, along with professional sports teams and events.
Kansas City has a bevy of different cultural offerings, such as the unique Country Club Plaza area. Known for its Spanish architecture, this 15-block district features some of Kansas City’s best shopping and dining options. Kansas City’s rich culture inspires several must-see destinations: The Power & Light District features more than 50 restaurants and shops. For art lovers, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art is a sure hit with extensive permanent and traveling exhibits.
Kansas City is bisected by four interstates: I-35, I-49, I-29 and I-70 for easy access around the metro area, as well as to other locations. The city features Kansas City International Airport, just 15 miles northwest of downtown Kansas City with more than a dozen carriers serving passengers. A new airport terminal is expected to be built in approximately four years. At Union Station, Amtrak service provides six passenger trains daily, which includes two round trips to St. Louis, one departing for Chicago and one departing for Los Angeles.
Museums and Art
American Jazz Museum
Arabia Steamboat Museum
Harry S. Truman Library and Museum
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
National WWI Museum and Memorial
Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Professional Sporting Teams and Events
Kansas City Chiefs (National Football League)
Kansas City Royals (Major League Baseball)
Kansas Speedway (NASCAR Sprint Cup)
Sporting Kansas City (Major League Soccer)