Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full-time nurse to join our oncology team in Newton, KS.
- Monitors & records vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, & pulse rate.
- Administers chemotherapy, injections and draws lab as ordered.
- Gives patients medications as directed by the physician.
- Performs central line care; flushing, dressing change, lab draw, & administering medications.
- Organizes & carries out a treatment plan for patients' chemotherapy, lab, & supportive care.
- Completes charge sheets daily for all patients seen.
- Completes chemo administration record, charts all patient interaction & nursing progress notes.
- Counsels patient & family members about chemotherapy drugs side effects, treatment plan, & neutropenia precautions.
- Instructs the patient & family on in home care.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.N.) from four-year college or university; or Associate's degree (A.D.N.); and has completed a nursing program.
- 3 years' experience as a Registered Nurse
- Oncology experience a plus
- Chemotherapy Certificate (must be obtained before administering chemotherapy, not required at hire)
More about Newton, Kansas
Newton provides a friendly, small-town atmosphere, away from the metropolitan hustle and bustle, but it offers the convenience of city life just 20 minutes away. Newton is located 25 miles north of Wichita, which is the largest city in Kansas. Affordable real estate and proximity to the city, makes Newton an attractive place to live for those who like the blend of urban-meets-rural lifestyle.
A vibrant Kansas community of approximately 20,000 people, Newton is the county seat of Harvey County, which has a population of more than 35,000. Newton and neighboring North Newton combine to feature an active arts community, three National Historic Districts, plus a variety of museums and attractions.
Newton offers a beautiful historic downtown, features unique dining and shopping opportunities throughout the city, and it boasts more than two-dozen parks within close proximity. There are a wide variety of out-door recreational options -- from picnics, to disc golf, to hiking and biking, to fishing and camping.
Interstate 135 runs along the eastern part of the city, and provides convenient access for travel to and from Newton. Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport is only 33 miles south of Newton with access to non-stop flights across the country, including Los Angeles, Dallas-Fort-Worth, Atlanta and Chicago.