Central Care Cancer Center is hiring for an individual to join our oncology team in Bolivar, MO. This nursing position will provide nursing services and care to cancer patients.
- Monitors and records vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure and pulse rate
- Administers chemotherapy, injections and draws lab as ordered
- Gives patients medications as directed by the physician
- Assists physician during follow-ups and new consults
- Provides special care to the skin of patients before and after radiation treatments
- Organizes and carries out a treatment plan for patients' chemotherapy, lab and supportive care
- Completes charge sheets daily for all patients seen
- Completes chemotherapy administration record and nursing progress notes
- Charts all patient transactions, phone calls and prescription refills
- Serves as intermediary for communication between patient and family as well as between patient and physician
- Counsels patient and family members about chemotherapy drugs side effects, treatment plan and neutropenia precautions
- Instructs the patient and family on in home care
RN, BSN, OCN
- Bachelor's degree (BSN) from a four-year college or university; or Associate's degree (ADN); or has completed a nursing program
- 3 years' experience as a Registered Nurse
- Oncology experience a plus
- Registered Nurse, State License (RN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
More about Bolivar, Missouri
Bolivar boasts the best of all worlds: thriving businesses, awarding-winning schools, a first-class university, state-of-the-art medical facilities, compassionate churches, active civic organizations, peaceful parks and limitless recreational opportunities. Conveniently located on newly-expanded Highway 13 between Kansas City and Springfield, our town of 10,000 offers you the benefits of a bustling metropolis partnered with the peace and serenity you’ll only feel in a rural setting. As of the 2010 census, the population was 10,325.
Bolivar R-I School District has a AAA rating and features four award-winning campuses. Most recently, Bolivar High School was nominated for the National Blue Ribbon Award by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Bolivar is also home to Southwest Baptist University, a four-year co-educational liberal arts university, Bolivar Technical College, and Polk County Christian School.
Bolivar is a fast-growing community but still maintains a small town family atmosphere. If you’re looking for something new, shop one of our many locally-owned stores or visit the year-round Greater Polk County Farmer’s Market. Sports enthusiasts can support the local high school and university sports teams by attending a game. Have fun at a parade or festival held regularly at the historic Bolivar square or the Polk County Fairgrounds, and Bolivar features more than 20 churches to worship in.
Among the many events held annually in Bolivar are the Light The Park celebration, Arts In The Parks, the Polk County Junior Livestock Show & Youth Fair, the CMH Basketball HoopFest, the SBU Homecoming Parade, the Bolivar Christmas Parade, Taste of Bolivar, the Lawn and Garden show, Country Days, and the 4th of July Celebration of Freedom.
Polk County Museum
Ella Carothers Dunnegan Gallery of Art
Silo Ridge Golf & Country Club
Dunnegan Memorial Park
Aqua Zone at the Roy Blunt YMCA
Lucas Oil Speedway
Stockton Lake/State Park
Pomme de Terre Lake/State Park
Lake of the Ozarks