Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full-time nurse to join their oncology team in Kansas City, KS.
This position will work closely with a quality oncology team comprised of CNAs, MAs, RNs, Mid-Level Providers and Physicians. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing care to patients while adhering to compliance standards. This candidate should be able to recognize patient needs and prioritize those needs with the needs outlined by physicians.
- Monitors & records vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, & pulse rate.
- Administers chemotherapy, injections and draws lab as ordered.
- Gives patients medications as directed by the physician.
- Performs central line care; flushing, dressing change, lab draw, & administering medications.
- Organizes & carries out a treatment plan for patients' chemotherapy, lab, & supportive care.
- Completes charge sheets daily for all patients seen.
- Completes chemo administration record, charts all patient interaction & nursing progress notes.
- Counsels patient & family members about chemotherapy drugs side effects, treatment plan, & neutropenia precautions.
- Instructs the patient & family on in home care
- Assure quality care by adhering to standards set by the physicians
- Provide care education to patients in person or over the phone
- Adhere to compliance guidelines throughout processes (OSHA, HIPAA etc.)
BSN, ADN, RN, OCN
- 1+ years' experience as a Registered Nurse
- Oncology experience a plus
- EMR Experience
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Team player
- Clear communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
More about Kansas City, Kansas
Kansas City is comprised of two cities that share the Missouri River as their border, which also divides Missouri from Kansas. The Kansas City metropolitan region is a 14 county area anchored by Kansas City, MO. With a population of 2.1 million, the region includes a number of other cities and suburbs, the largest being Overland Park, KS; Kansas City, KS; Olathe, KS; and Independence, MO; each over 100,000 in population.
Collectively, Kansas City is famous for its unique style of barbecue, jazz heritage, fountains and architecture, along with professional sports teams and events.
Kansas City has a bevy of different cultural offerings, such as the unique Country Club Plaza area. Known for its Spanish architecture, this 15-block district features some of Kansas City’s best shopping and dining options. Kansas City’s rich culture inspires several must-see destinations: The Power & Light District features more than 50 restaurants and shops. For art lovers, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art is a sure hit with extensive permanent and traveling exhibits.
Kansas City is bisected by four interstates: I-35, I-49, I-29 and I-70 for easy access around the metro area, as well as to other locations. The city features Kansas City International Airport, just 15 miles northwest of downtown Kansas City with more than a dozen carriers serving passengers. A new airport terminal is expected to be built in approximately four years. At Union Station, Amtrak service provides six passenger trains daily, which includes two round trips to St. Louis, one departing for Chicago and one departing for Los Angeles.
Museums and Art
American Jazz Museum
Arabia Steamboat Museum
Harry S. Truman Library and Museum
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
National WWI Museum and Memorial
Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Professional Sporting Teams and Events
Kansas City Chiefs (National Football League)
Kansas City Royals (Major League Baseball)
Kansas Speedway (NASCAR Sprint Cup)
Sporting Kansas City (Major League Soccer)