Registered Nurse- Dodge City
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring for an individual to join our oncology team in Dodge City, KS. This full-time nursing position will provide nursing services and care to cancer patients.
- Monitors and records vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, and pulse rate.
- Administers chemotherapy, injections and draws lab as ordered.
- Gives patients medications as directed by the physician.
- Assist Physician during follow-ups and new consults.
- Performs central line care including flushing, dressing change, lab draw, and administering medications.
- Organizes and carries out a treatment plan for patients’ chemotherapy, lab, and supportive care.
- Completes charge sheets daily for all patients seen.
- Completes chemotherapy administration record and nursing progress notes.
- Charts all patient transactions, phone calls, prescription refills.
- Serves as intermediary for communication between patient and family as well as between patient and physician.
- Instructs the patient and family on in home care.
- Travel to other clinics for support required
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.N.) from four-year college or university; or Associate's degree (A.D.N.)
- 2+ years registered nurse experience preferred
- Oncology experience preferred
- Chemotherapy Certificate (before administering chemotherapy)
- BSN preferred
- OCN preferred
More about Dodge City, Kansas
Dodge City, Kansas (pop. 28,117) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Ford County (pop. 34,599).
Famous for its reputation in the “Wild West”, and being the home to lawmen Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday, Dodge City has become a tourism destination. From the Boot Hill Casino and Resort to Raceway, major concert venue, museums and more, there is always a reason to “Get the Heck Into Dodge”. In addition to the array of activities, Dodge City and Ford County have a thriving economy, having been ranked in the top 10 “Least Economically Stressed Counties” in the U.S. by the Associated Press and Huffington Post.
Ford County ranks as the 4th most diverse county in Kansas.