Nuclear Medicine Technologist – Part Time
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring an individual to perform diagnostic CT scans as well as PET CTs in their Garden City, KS location, on a part time basis
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist will work closely with the radiation team. Candidates must have excellent communication, problem solving, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Explain imaging procedures to the patient and answer questions
- Follow safety procedures to protect themselves and the patient from unnecessary radiation exposure
- Performs daily QA on Machine
- Prepare radioactive drugs and administer them to the patient
- Monitor the patient to check for unusual reactions to the drugs
- Operate equipment that creates images of areas in the body, such as images of organs
- Keep detailed records of procedures
- Performs CT procedures
- Completes billing for procedure
- Assists in Therapy planning CT scans
- Schedules all exams
- Assists with process for ordering radioactive doses and other supplies needed
Job Experience2 - 5 years' experience administering PET and CT scans
- ARRT Certified Nuclear Medicine
- Willing to become CT Certified
- Licensed in the State of Kansas
More about Garden City, Kansas
Garden City, Kansas (pop. 27,004) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Finney County (pop. 37,097), and is the economic hub for the region, serving a population of approximately 200,000.
From the World’s Largest Hand Dug Pool and Splash Park that covers a full city block, to world class hunting, or Kansas’s #1 public golf course, Garden City boasts fun for everyone, regardless of age and interest. Also, located a short 3 ½ hour drive from the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Garden City offers easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities and sights, such as hiking, white water rafting, fishing, skiing, and many more adventures! Garden City also offers several convenient jet service flights to Dallas each day.
With nearly 40 languages spoken locally, Finney County was rated the most diverse community in Kansas outside of the Kansas City metro. (Niche.com)
Our new 30,000 sq/ft facility provides cutting edge technology and numerous support services, all in a quiet and comfortable setting. Heartland Cancer Center in Garden City features the only in-house PET/CT simulator in Western Kansas, as well as the latest linear accelerator from Varian, the TrueBeam STx. We also offer access to clinical trials, oncology navigators, and optional private infusion suites. The Breast Center at St. Catherine Hospital, also located under our roof, is the only nationally accredited Breast Center between Kansas City and Denver.