Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a Pharmacist to work full time in Garden City, KS.
The Pharmacist will work closely with the administrative team as well as lead and operate all retail pharmacy operations. Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders.
- Responsible for storage, record keeping, and dispensing of controlled substances, prescription and non-prescription medicine.
- Ensures that medicines supplied correspond with the prescriptions.
- Ensures there are no dispensing errors.
- Monitors patient regimens and provides patient education.
- Provides general healthcare advice to customers and patients.
- Organizes and manages all inventory related to the pharmacy.
- Orders new goods and maintains accounts while keeping record of all stock.
- Educates Central Care, PA KS professionals.
- Updates self regularly with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses.
- Keeps up to date with compliance and regulations as well as establishes necessary policies and procedures.
- Works in accordance with administrative staff to manage pharmacy personnel.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the Kansas Board of Healing Arts, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the Food and Drug Administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
BPharm or PharmD
Job Experience5 year’s pharmacist experience preferred
- Completion of 4 year degree course (BPharm or PharmD) plus one year’s work experience in a clinical setting and exam
- Active State Pharmacist License
- Board Certified a plus
More about Garden City, Kansas
Garden City, Kansas (pop. 27,004) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Finney County (pop. 37,097), and is the economic hub for the region, serving a population of approximately 200,000.
From the World’s Largest Hand Dug Pool and Splash Park that covers a full city block, to world class hunting, or Kansas’s #1 public golf course, Garden City boasts fun for everyone, regardless of age and interest. Also, located a short 3 ½ hour drive from the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Garden City offers easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities and sights, such as hiking, white water rafting, fishing, skiing, and many more adventures! Garden City also offers several convenient jet service flights to Dallas each day.
With nearly 40 languages spoken locally, Finney County was rated the most diverse community in Kansas outside of the Kansas City metro. (Niche.com)
Our new 30,000 sq/ft facility provides cutting edge technology and numerous support services, all in a quiet and comfortable setting. Heartland Cancer Center in Garden City features the only in-house PET/CT simulator in Western Kansas, as well as the latest linear accelerator from Varian, the TrueBeam STx. We also offer access to clinical trials, oncology navigators, and optional private infusion suites. The Breast Center at St. Catherine Hospital, also located under our roof, is the only nationally accredited Breast Center between Kansas City and Denver.