Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a Pharmacist to work full time in the Kansas City area.
The Pharmacist will work closely with the administrative team as well as lead and operate all retail pharmacy operations. Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders.
- Responsible for storage, record keeping, and dispensing of controlled substances, prescription and non-prescription medicine.
- Ensures that medicines supplied correspond with the prescriptions.
- Ensures there are no dispensing errors.
- Monitors patient regimens and provides patient education.
- Provides general healthcare advice to customers and patients.
- Organizes and manages all inventory related to the pharmacy.
- Orders new goods and maintains accounts while keeping record of all stock.
- Educates Central Care, PA KS professionals.
- Updates self regularly with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses.
- Keeps up to date with compliance and regulations as well as establishes necessary policies and procedures.
- Works in accordance with administrative staff to manage pharmacy personnel.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the Kansas Board of Healing Arts, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the Food and Drug Administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
BPharm or PharmD
Job Experience5 year’s pharmacist experience preferred
- Completion of 4 year degree course (BPharm or PharmD) plus one year’s work experience in a clinical setting and exam
- Active State Pharmacist License
- Board Certified a plus
More about ,
Kansas City is comprised of two cities that share the Missouri River as their border, which also divides Missouri from Kansas. The Kansas City metropolitan region is a 14 county area anchored by Kansas City, MO. With a population of 2.1 million, the region includes a number of other cities and suburbs, the largest being Overland Park, KS; Kansas City, KS; Olathe, KS; and Independence, MO; each over 100,000 in population.
Collectively, Kansas City is famous for its unique style of barbecue, jazz heritage, fountains and architecture, along with professional sports teams and events.
Kansas City has a bevy of different cultural offerings, such as the unique Country Club Plaza area. Known for its Spanish architecture, this 15-block district features some of Kansas City’s best shopping and dining options. Kansas City’s rich culture inspires several must-see destinations: The Power & Light District features more than 50 restaurants and shops. For art lovers, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art is a sure hit with extensive permanent and traveling exhibits.
Kansas City is bisected by four interstates: I-35, I-49, I-29 and I-70 for easy access around the metro area, as well as to other locations. The city features Kansas City International Airport, just 15 miles northwest of downtown Kansas City with more than a dozen carriers serving passengers. A new airport terminal is expected to be built in approximately four years. At Union Station, Amtrak service provides six passenger trains daily, which includes two round trips to St. Louis, one departing for Chicago and one departing for Los Angeles.
Museums and Art
American Jazz Museum
Arabia Steamboat Museum
Harry S. Truman Library and Museum
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
National WWI Museum and Memorial
Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Professional Sporting Teams and Events
Kansas City Chiefs (National Football League)
Kansas City Royals (Major League Baseball)
Kansas Speedway (NASCAR Sprint Cup)
Sporting Kansas City (Major League Soccer)