Public Relations Manager
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a Public Relations Manager to support all central Kansas PR efforts. This position will be based out of our Salina, KS Administrative Office.
The Public Relations Manager will work closely with the marketing team as well as be responsible for developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet company objectives.
Candidates must have excellent communication, problem solving, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Coordinates all public relations activities for Central Care Cancer Center's central KS locations (and Missouri as needed)
- Organizes and attends PR visits
- Handles Physician Relations and PR visits for Central Care Cancer Center's central KS locations (and Missouri as needed)
- Supports all clinics with various events such as Relay for Life, Shine a Light, Trade Shows and Health Fairs in central KS locations
- Supports coordination and planning of all clinic open house events
- Provides sponsorship support as requested
- Weekly travel to surrounding communities required
- Builds strong relations with referring physicians and the community
- Supports the marketing team in all marketing, advertising, campaign, and PR endeavors; must be a team player
- Assists with physician recruitment as requested by the Director of Human Resources
- Performs other PR and marketing functions as assigned by Director of Marketing, CEO, or President
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent field
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent field
- 4 – 10 years’ related experience in PR and Marketing
- Will work closely with Marketing and Administrative Team; salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Efficient project management skills
- Ability to build, develop and maintain relationships
- Strong professional presence
- Ability to adjust or shift direction on the fly
- Computer Skills – Knowledge of Adobe Creative Design Suite (CS5) or similar, including but not limited to: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Fireworks; Microsoft Publisher; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, a plus
More about Salina, Kansas
Salina blends the convenience of city life with hometown charm and ambiance. Located in the Smoky Hills region of the Great Plains, Salina is an easy destination city at the junction of two major interstates (I-135 and I-70), offering access to all directions where they junction on the northeast part of the city.
With a population of approximately 50,000, Salina is the county seat of Saline County and is the regional trade center for north-central Kansas. Saline County has a population of approximately 56,000.
The kid-friendly community provides loads of family fun, from Kansas’ newest zoo, to more than 700 acres of parks, and an exciting water park. Visitors will discover a strong arts presence throughout the community. More large-city surprises are in store for people who come to Salina with museums, cultural events, sports facilities, restaurants, shops, and comfy accommodations. Concerts, theatre performances, festivals, and public art throughout the community speaks to the cultural visitor.
At Salina Regional Airport, United Express Airlines provides daily scheduled passenger air service to Denver International Airport and Chicago O'Hare International Airport.
Eisenhower Presidential Library & Museum (nearby in Abilene)
Kenwood Cove Aquatic Park
Rolling Hills Zoo
Salina Community Theatre
Smoky Hill Museum
Stiefel Theatre for the Performing Arts
Tony’s Pizza Events Center