Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a Radiation Therapist for its Kansas City, KS clinic location.
- Reviews prescription, diagnosis, patient chart, and identification.
- Prepares equipment such as immobilization, treatment, and protection devices; positions patient according to prescription.
- Enters data into computer and sets controls to operate equipment
- Observes and reassures patient during treatment and reports unusual reactions to physician.
- Photographs treated area of patient
- Maintains records, reports, and files as required.
- Follows principles of radiation protection for patient, self, and others.
- Assists in dosimetry procedures and tumor localization.
Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four year college or university; or Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification; State License and Certification
- Problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness to provide the best quality
- 4 – 10 years’ experience providing radiation therapy to patients
- Willingness to travel between clinics on a weekly basis required (company transportation will be provided)
- Ability to work well on your own as well as with a team
More about Kansas City, Kansas
Kansas City is comprised of two cities that share the Missouri River as their border, which also divides Missouri from Kansas. The Kansas City metropolitan region is a 14 county area anchored by Kansas City, MO. With a population of 2.1 million, the region includes a number of other cities and suburbs, the largest being Overland Park, KS; Kansas City, KS; Olathe, KS; and Independence, MO; each over 100,000 in population.
Collectively, Kansas City is famous for its unique style of barbecue, jazz heritage, fountains and architecture, along with professional sports teams and events.
Kansas City has a bevy of different cultural offerings, such as the unique Country Club Plaza area. Known for its Spanish architecture, this 15-block district features some of Kansas City’s best shopping and dining options. Kansas City’s rich culture inspires several must-see destinations: The Power & Light District features more than 50 restaurants and shops. For art lovers, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art is a sure hit with extensive permanent and traveling exhibits.
Kansas City is bisected by four interstates: I-35, I-49, I-29 and I-70 for easy access around the metro area, as well as to other locations. The city features Kansas City International Airport, just 15 miles northwest of downtown Kansas City with more than a dozen carriers serving passengers. A new airport terminal is expected to be built in approximately four years. At Union Station, Amtrak service provides six passenger trains daily, which includes two round trips to St. Louis, one departing for Chicago and one departing for Los Angeles.
Museums and Art
American Jazz Museum
Arabia Steamboat Museum
Harry S. Truman Library and Museum
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
National WWI Museum and Memorial
Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Professional Sporting Teams and Events
Kansas City Chiefs (National Football League)
Kansas City Royals (Major League Baseball)
Kansas Speedway (NASCAR Sprint Cup)
Sporting Kansas City (Major League Soccer)