Central Care Cancer Center is looking to hire a full-time Receptionist at our Liberal, KS location. This position will check in and greet patients as they come into the clinic as well as answer the phone and direct phone calls appropriately while assisting co-workers as needed.
Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgment as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors and patients
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Schedules patient appointments
- Prepares new patient charts, sends out new patient paperwork, and verifies paperwork when received.
- Collates & compiles medical records in each chart.
- Organizes charts including filing, copying, and having physician sign all items before filing.
- Compiles all insurance information on each patient.
- Collects payments for services.
- Assists with referrals and other insurance related tasks as requested to support Financial Counselor
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photo copying, and collating.
High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years medical office experience
- Experience working with insurance, referrals, prior authorization requests etc.
- EMR experience required
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Clear communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Computer skills – proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
More about Liberal, Kansas
Liberal, Kansas (pop. 21,000) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Finney County (pop. 23,250) near the Oklahoma border. The local area features national nature preserves, fishing, hiking, and an abundance of activities for all ages and interests right here at home.
Liberal, as the official home of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, provides a whole world of experiences if you just follow the Yellow Brick Road! Enjoy Adventure Bay Water Park with its slides, tipping buckets and toys; family activity pool with basketball goals, lily pad rope course; and pirate ship pool with 20 spray and play features and four slides. Liberal also offers more family fun with fishing at Arkalon Park, a local semi pro baseball team, and the 5th largest air museum in the country.
Liberal is rated the 5th most diverse city in Kansas.
Featured Attractions and Events: