- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors and monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Schedules appointments as needed or requested by other staff members
- Prepares new patient charts, sends out new patient paperwork, and verifies paperwork when received.
- Collates & compiles medical records in each chart.
- Organizes charts including filing, copying, and having physician sign all items before filing.
- Compiles all insurance information on each patient.
- Prepares patient charts.
- Collects payments for services.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photo copying, and collating.
High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years medical office experience
- Experience utilizing EMR systems in medical office environment
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Clear communication skills
- Great phone etiquette
- Must be self-motivated
- Computer skills – proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to multi-task
More about Bolivar, Missouri
Bolivar boasts the best of all worlds: thriving businesses, awarding-winning schools, a first-class university, state-of-the-art medical facilities, compassionate churches, active civic organizations, peaceful parks and limitless recreational opportunities. Conveniently located on newly-expanded Highway 13 between Kansas City and Springfield, our town of 10,000 offers you the benefits of a bustling metropolis partnered with the peace and serenity you’ll only feel in a rural setting. As of the 2010 census, the population was 10,325.
Bolivar R-I School District has a AAA rating and features four award-winning campuses. Most recently, Bolivar High School was nominated for the National Blue Ribbon Award by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Bolivar is also home to Southwest Baptist University, a four-year co-educational liberal arts university, Bolivar Technical College, and Polk County Christian School.
Bolivar is a fast-growing community but still maintains a small town family atmosphere. If you’re looking for something new, shop one of our many locally-owned stores or visit the year-round Greater Polk County Farmer’s Market. Sports enthusiasts can support the local high school and university sports teams by attending a game. Have fun at a parade or festival held regularly at the historic Bolivar square or the Polk County Fairgrounds, and Bolivar features more than 20 churches to worship in.
Among the many events held annually in Bolivar are the Light The Park celebration, Arts In The Parks, the Polk County Junior Livestock Show & Youth Fair, the CMH Basketball HoopFest, the SBU Homecoming Parade, the Bolivar Christmas Parade, Taste of Bolivar, the Lawn and Garden show, Country Days, and the 4th of July Celebration of Freedom.
Polk County Museum
Ella Carothers Dunnegan Gallery of Art
Silo Ridge Golf & Country Club
Dunnegan Memorial Park
Aqua Zone at the Roy Blunt YMCA
Lucas Oil Speedway
Stockton Lake/State Park
Pomme de Terre Lake/State Park
Lake of the Ozarks