Central Care Cancer Center is looking to hire a full-time Receptionist at our busy Newton, KS location. This position will check in and greet patients as they come into the clinic as well as answer the phone and direct phone calls appropriately.
Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgment as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information
- Welcomes on-site visitors and monitors visitor access and issues passes when required
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes
- Schedules appointments as needed or requested by other staff members
- Prepares new patient charts, sends out new patient paperwork, and verifies paperwork when received
- Collates & compiles medical records in each chart
- Organizes charts including filing, copying, and having physician sign all items before filing
- Compiles all insurance information on each patient
- Collects payments for services.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photo copying, and collating
High school diploma or equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years medical office experience
- CNA experience a plus
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Clear communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Computer skills – proficient with Microsoft Office products
More about Newton, Kansas
Newton provides a friendly, small-town atmosphere, away from the metropolitan hustle and bustle, but it offers the convenience of city life just 20 minutes away. Newton is located 25 miles north of Wichita, which is the largest city in Kansas. Affordable real estate and proximity to the city, makes Newton an attractive place to live for those who like the blend of urban-meets-rural lifestyle.
A vibrant Kansas community of approximately 20,000 people, Newton is the county seat of Harvey County, which has a population of more than 35,000. Newton and neighboring North Newton combine to feature an active arts community, three National Historic Districts, plus a variety of museums and attractions.
Newton offers a beautiful historic downtown, features unique dining and shopping opportunities throughout the city, and it boasts more than two-dozen parks within close proximity. There are a wide variety of out-door recreational options -- from picnics, to disc golf, to hiking and biking, to fishing and camping.
Interstate 135 runs along the eastern part of the city, and provides convenient access for travel to and from Newton. Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport is only 33 miles south of Newton with access to non-stop flights across the country, including Los Angeles, Dallas-Fort-Worth, Atlanta and Chicago.