Central Care Cancer Center is looking to hire an employee to fill the role of Receptionist in their Great Bend, KS location. This position will check in and greet patients as they come into the clinic, answer the phone and direct phone calls appropriately as well as assist with patient care.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors and monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Schedules appointments as needed or requested by other staff members
- Prepares new patient charts, sends out new patient paperwork, and verifies paperwork when received.
- Collates & compiles medical records in each chart.
- Organizes charts including filing, copying, and having physician sign all items before filing.
- Compiles all insurance information on each patient.
- Collects payments for services.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photo copying, and collating.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-5 years medical office experience
- CNA/CMA experience a plus
- Computer experience required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Clear communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Computer skills – proficient with Microsoft Office products
More about Great Bend, Kansas
Great Bend is a vibrant community of approximately 16,000 people located in the heart of America; near the geographical center of Kansas. The central location of the city allows for short travel to anywhere in the state, including Wichita and Kansas City.
The people of Great Bend enjoy conveniences of a lager city, like first rate educational, medical and recreation facilities. For all of the large city conveniences the community still retains its small-town charm.
Culturally, Great Bend features the Shafer Art Gallery at Barton County Community College. It’s also known for the natural existence of Cheyenne Bottoms near Great Bend, the largest marsh in the interior United States.
Recreational opportunities abound with Great Bend showcasing one of the largest zoos between Kansas City and Denver, a state-of-the-art raptor rehabilitation center, and a splashing-good-time water park. There are four golf courses in a 25-mile radius of Great Bend: Stoneridge, Lake Barton, Ellinwood, and Larned. Community theater and musical products, concerts, band performances, and numerous art exhibits provide cultural experiences throughout the year.
Great Bend is the county seat of Barton County. It is named for its location at the point where the course of the Arkansas River bends east then southeast. Barton County has a population of more than 27,000 people.
● Fort Larned National Historic Site