Central Care Cancer Center is hiring for an individual to join our oncology team in Liberal, KS along with travel to other clinics in Western Kansas. This full-time nursing position will provide nursing services and care to cancer patients.
Essential FunctionsMonitors and records vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, and pulse rate. Administers chemotherapy, injections and draws lab as ordered.
- Gives patients medications as directed by the physician.
- Performs central line care including flushing, dressing change, lab draw, and administering medications.
- Organizes and carries out a treatment plan for patients' chemotherapy, lab, and supportive care.
- Completes charge sheets daily for all patients seen.
- Completes drug inventory weekly.
- Completes chemotherapy administration record and nursing progress notes.
- Charts all patient transactions, phone calls, prescription refills.
- Serves as intermediary for communication between patient and family as well as between patient and physician.
- Counsels patient and family members about chemotherapy drugs side effects, treatment plan, and neutropenia precautions.
- Instructs the patient and family on in home care.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.N.) from four-year college or university; or Associate's degree (A.D.N.); or has completed a nursing program.
- 3 years' experience as a Registered Nurse preferred
- Oncology experience a plus
- Chemotherapy Certificate (must be obtained before administering chemotherapy, but not required at hire)
- BSN preferred
- OCN preferred
- Ability to travel to other clinic locations in Western Kansas
- Bilingual a plus
More about Liberal, Kansas
Liberal, Kansas (pop. 21,000) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Finney County (pop. 23,250) near the Oklahoma border. The local area features national nature preserves, fishing, hiking, and an abundance of activities for all ages and interests right here at home.
Liberal, as the official home of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, provides a whole world of experiences if you just follow the Yellow Brick Road! Enjoy Adventure Bay Water Park with its slides, tipping buckets and toys; family activity pool with basketball goals, lily pad rope course; and pirate ship pool with 20 spray and play features and four slides. Liberal also offers more family fun with fishing at Arkalon Park, a local semi pro baseball team, and the 5th largest air museum in the country.
Liberal is rated the 5th most diverse city in Kansas.
Featured Attractions and Events: