Registered Nurse, Newton
Grow your skills as an RN! Training to become certified in Oncology is provided on the job.
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our oncology team in our rapidly growing Newton, KS location. This full-time position will provide nursing services and care to cancer patients.
The right candidate will have strong attention to detail, communication skills, and ability to work well in a team. We offer a positive, fast-paced work environment where employees work to provide the best possible care to patients.
At Central Care Cancer Center, we offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance along with other benefits including:
- Regular schedule of 8:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday
- No late nights, no weekends, and no on call
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid continuing education: ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Certification
- Paid training: hands on oncology training
- 401k (100% annual match of 4% pay)
- Employer paid life and accident insurance
- License, travel, and scrub reimbursement
- Utilize the nursing process
- Coordinate care with the team
- Delegate tasks to other staff members
- Administer chemotherapy, injections, and draws lab as directed
B.S.N. or A.D.N. + RN
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (B.S.N.)
- New graduates welcome, on the job training provided
More about Newton, Kansas
Newton provides a friendly, small-town atmosphere, away from the metropolitan hustle and bustle, but it offers the convenience of city life just 20 minutes away. Newton is located 25 miles north of Wichita, which is the largest city in Kansas. Affordable real estate and proximity to the city, makes Newton an attractive place to live for those who like the blend of urban-meets-rural lifestyle.
A vibrant Kansas community of approximately 20,000 people, Newton is the county seat of Harvey County, which has a population of more than 35,000. Newton and neighboring North Newton combine to feature an active arts community, three National Historic Districts, plus a variety of museums and attractions.
Newton offers a beautiful historic downtown, features unique dining and shopping opportunities throughout the city, and it boasts more than two-dozen parks within close proximity. There are a wide variety of out-door recreational options -- from picnics, to disc golf, to hiking and biking, to fishing and camping.
Interstate 135 runs along the eastern part of the city, and provides convenient access for travel to and from Newton. Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport is only 33 miles south of Newton with access to non-stop flights across the country, including Los Angeles, Dallas-Fort-Worth, Atlanta and Chicago.