Central Care Cancer Center is hiring for an individual to join our oncology team in their Kansas City, KS location, located near Providence Medical Center. This full-time nursing position will provide nursing services and care to cancer patients.
- Monitors and records vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, and pulse rate.
- Administers chemotherapy, injections and draws lab as ordered.
- Gives patients medications as directed by the physician.
- Provides special care to the skin of patients before and after radiation treatments
- Performs central line care including flushing, dressing change, lab draw, and administering medications.
- Organizes and carries out a treatment plan for patients' chemotherapy, lab, and supportive care.
- Completes charge sheets daily for all patients seen.
- Completes chemotherapy administration record and nursing progress notes.
- Charts all patient transactions, phone calls, prescription refills.
- Serves as intermediary for communication between patient and family as well as between patient and physician.
- Counsels patient and family members about chemotherapy drugs side effects, treatment plan, and precautions.
- Helps patient work through adjustment to surgery resulting in cosmetic damage and severe emotional trauma, and begins rehabilitation therapy.
- Instructs the patient and family on in home care.
RN, BSN, OCN
- 2+ years' RN experience
- EMR experience
- Oncology experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.N.) from four-year college or university; or Associate's degree (A.D.N.); or has completed a nursing program.
- Chemotherapy Certificate (must be obtained before administering chemotherapy, but not required at hire)
- Team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
More about Kansas City, Kansas
Kansas City is comprised of two cities that share the Missouri River as their border, which also divides Missouri from Kansas. The Kansas City metropolitan region is a 14 county area anchored by Kansas City, MO. With a population of 2.1 million, the region includes a number of other cities and suburbs, the largest being Overland Park, KS; Kansas City, KS; Olathe, KS; and Independence, MO; each over 100,000 in population.
Collectively, Kansas City is famous for its unique style of barbecue, jazz heritage, fountains and architecture, along with professional sports teams and events.
Kansas City has a bevy of different cultural offerings, such as the unique Country Club Plaza area. Known for its Spanish architecture, this 15-block district features some of Kansas City’s best shopping and dining options. Kansas City’s rich culture inspires several must-see destinations: The Power & Light District features more than 50 restaurants and shops. For art lovers, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art is a sure hit with extensive permanent and traveling exhibits.
Kansas City is bisected by four interstates: I-35, I-49, I-29 and I-70 for easy access around the metro area, as well as to other locations. The city features Kansas City International Airport, just 15 miles northwest of downtown Kansas City with more than a dozen carriers serving passengers. A new airport terminal is expected to be built in approximately four years. At Union Station, Amtrak service provides six passenger trains daily, which includes two round trips to St. Louis, one departing for Chicago and one departing for Los Angeles.
Museums and Art
American Jazz Museum
Arabia Steamboat Museum
Harry S. Truman Library and Museum
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
National WWI Museum and Memorial
Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Professional Sporting Teams and Events
Kansas City Chiefs (National Football League)
Kansas City Royals (Major League Baseball)
Kansas Speedway (NASCAR Sprint Cup)
Sporting Kansas City (Major League Soccer)