Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full-time Scheduler in their Garden City, KS clinic location. This position will work closely with both patients and Central Care staff to coordinate patient care and appointments.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Transfer calls to appropriate areas and personnel within the clinic
- Answer patient questions and phone calls
- Retrieve and submit for prior authorizations in regards to patient treatment needs from insurance companies
- Schedule follow up patient appointments within Central Care
- Coordinate and assist in scheduling appointments for patients outside of Central Care
- Schedule appointments with other providers
- Submit orders and requests for tests and/or other procedures
- Work closely with and communicate effectively with front office co-workers as well as clinical staff
- Provide support to oncologists as needed
High school diploma required
- 2+ years medical office experience
- 2+ years experience working EMR systems
- Experience with prior authorizations a plus
- Experience working with insurance companies a plus
- Oncology experience a plus
- Great attention to detail as well as strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Drive to provide top notch patient care
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to read as well as comprehend common medical office correspondence such as, instructions, orders, memos, emails etc.
- Must be a self-starter
- Bilingual a plus
More about Garden City, Kansas
Garden City, Kansas (pop. 27,004) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Finney County (pop. 37,097), and is the economic hub for the region, serving a population of approximately 200,000.
From the World’s Largest Hand Dug Pool and Splash Park that covers a full city block, to world class hunting, or Kansas’s #1 public golf course, Garden City boasts fun for everyone, regardless of age and interest. Also, located a short 3 ½ hour drive from the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Garden City offers easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities and sights, such as hiking, white water rafting, fishing, skiing, and many more adventures! Garden City also offers several convenient jet service flights to Dallas each day.
With nearly 40 languages spoken locally, Finney County was rated the most diverse community in Kansas outside of the Kansas City metro. (Niche.com)
Our new 30,000 sq/ft facility provides cutting edge technology and numerous support services, all in a quiet and comfortable setting. Heartland Cancer Center in Garden City features the only in-house PET/CT simulator in Western Kansas, as well as the latest linear accelerator from Varian, the TrueBeam STx. We also offer access to clinical trials, oncology navigators, and optional private infusion suites. The Breast Center at St. Catherine Hospital, also located under our roof, is the only nationally accredited Breast Center between Kansas City and Denver.