Whether you or someone you love has cancer, knowing what to expect can help you cope while you're in a cancer hospital in Missouri or Kansas. From basic information about cancer and its causes to in-depth information on specific cancer types – including risk factors, early detection, diagnosis, and treatment options – you'll find it here.
- Breast Cancer - Whether you or a loved one are worried about developing breast cancer, have just been diagnosed, are going through breast cancer treatment, or are trying to stay well after treatment, this detailed information can help you find the answers you need. Click here to view the steps to perform you self-breast exam.
- Colon & Rectal Cancer- Thanks to improvements in prevention, early detection, and treatment, more than a million people in the US count themselves as survivors of colon or rectum cancer (also called colorectal cancer).
- Lung Cancer- There are three main types of lung cancer. Knowing which type you have is important because it affects your treatment options and your outlook (prognosis). If you aren’t sure which type of lung cancer you have, ask your doctor so you can get the right information.
- Prostate Cancer - Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men (after skin cancer), but it can often be treated successfully. If you have prostate cancer or are close to someone who does, knowing what to expect can help you cope. Here you can find out all about prostate cancer, including risk factors, symptoms, how it is found, and how it is treated.
- Skin Cancer - Cancer can start any place in the body. Skin cancer starts when cells in the skin grow out of control and crowd out normal cells. This makes it hard for the skin to work the way it should.
- Other Cancer Type - If you do not see the type of cancer that you are looking for visit here to find more information.