Central Care Cancer Center is looking to hire a full-time Maintenance Tech in our Salina, KS Administrative Office.
The Maintenance Tech will work directly with as well as assist the Maintenance Manager to support all facility needs at Central Care Cancer Center's 12 locations. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Perform monthly checks of exit signs, fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, etc.
- Collect, sort and dispose of recycling at Salina facilities
- Assist with auto fleet maintenance as directed by Maintenance Manager and Auto Fleet Committee
- Assist with completing clinic repairs, including, but not limited to; replacing light bulbs, repairing door locks, minor plumbing work, heating and air conditioning systems maintenance, etc.
- Perform landscaping duties such as watering plants, pulling weeds, trimming of trees, etc.
- Assist IT department as needed or requested by Maintenance Manager and/or Chief Information Officer
- Participate in meetings with vendors and/or communicate as necessary with external contacts and vendors
- Move and set up furniture
- Travel weekly, sometimes overnight, to Central Care Cancer Center locations in order to complete various repairs, make deliveries, assess issues, etc.
- Works safely and in a professional manner
- 2+ years maintenance experience
- Maintenance experience in a healthcare institution preferred
- General mechanical knowledge
- General electrical knowledge
- Experience working as a handyman a plus
- Associate's degree preferred
- Ability to assess and trouble shoot issues
- Ability to learn new skills and earn new certifications as requested
- Skilled at a wide range of repairs, such as trade skills, repair work, maintenance work, both interior and exterior
- Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task duties and projects in fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
More about Salina, Kansas
Salina blends the convenience of city life with hometown charm and ambiance. Located in the Smoky Hills region of the Great Plains, Salina is an easy destination city at the junction of two major interstates (I-135 and I-70), offering access to all directions where they junction on the northeast part of the city.
With a population of approximately 50,000, Salina is the county seat of Saline County and is the regional trade center for north-central Kansas. Saline County has a population of approximately 56,000.
The kid-friendly community provides loads of family fun, from Kansas’ newest zoo, to more than 700 acres of parks, and an exciting water park. Visitors will discover a strong arts presence throughout the community. More large-city surprises are in store for people who come to Salina with museums, cultural events, sports facilities, restaurants, shops, and comfy accommodations. Concerts, theatre performances, festivals, and public art throughout the community speaks to the cultural visitor.
At Salina Regional Airport, United Express Airlines provides daily scheduled passenger air service to Denver International Airport and Chicago O'Hare International Airport.
Eisenhower Presidential Library & Museum (nearby in Abilene)
Kenwood Cove Aquatic Park
Rolling Hills Zoo
Salina Community Theatre
Smoky Hill Museum
Stiefel Theatre for the Performing Arts
Tony’s Pizza Events Center