Medical Assistant- Bolivar
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full time Medical Assistant to assist in their Bolivar, MO clinic location.
The MA will work closely with the clinical staff and medical oncologists. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Interviews patients; measures vital signs such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records all information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed; cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Provides support to front desk staff with duties including, but not limited to, answering the phone, taking messages, checking patients in etc.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records
- Communicates effectively with all clinic staff
- 1 – 3 years medical office experience
- 1 – 3 years hands on MA/CMA/CNA experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team and individually
- Great attention to detail while providing quality patient care