Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a part-time Medical Assistant to assist in our Wichita and Newton, KS clinic locations.
The MA will work closely with the clinical staff and medical oncologist at both sites. Travel between the two centers, as well as schedule flexibility will be required for this position.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Interviews patients; measures vital signs such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records all information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients
- Drape patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed; cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Assists the front desk with scheduling appointments, receiving money for bills, insurance requests, tracking x-rays and other medical records etc.
- Sends out physician notes
- Provides support to front desk staff with duties including, but not limited to, answering phones, taking messages, checking patients in etc.
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records
- Communicates effectively with all clinic staff
- 2-5 years medical office experience
- 2-5 years hands on MA/CNA/CMA experience required
- Oncology experience a plus but not required
- Ability and willingness to travel between and support two locations, Newton and Wichita as requested by clinic manager
More about Wichita, Kansas
Wichita has been named an All-American City four times the National Civic League and consistently ranks among the top cities nationally for quality of life. In 2016, U.S. News ranked Wichita No. 58 on its list of 100 best places to live, based on high ratings in “value” and “quality of life.” These accolades communicate affordability, short and easy commutes to work and a high level of public safety – combined attributes not found in most metro areas.
Located in south-central Kansas on the Arkansas River, Wichita is the county seat of Sedgwick County and the principal city of the Wichita metropolitan area with an estimated population of nearly 700,000. The City of Wichita itself is the largest city in the state of Kansas, with nearly 400,000 population.
Wichita is home to many exciting attractions and museums including the seventh-largest zoo in the United States, the Sedgwick County Zoo. There is unending family-fun and educational experiences in just about every part of the city, jam-packed with cultural experiences, shopping and delicious local restaurants. Anyone looking for happening nightlife, art and culture, or live entertainment, Wichita offers a long list of possibilities.
Wichita is home to some of the best golf courses in the country. With five public golf courses, golfers can choose from a variety of layouts for all skill levels. Wichita also features five private courses.
Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport, located in Wichita, offers non-stop flights across the country, including to Los Angeles, Dallas-Fort-Worth, Atlanta and Chicago. Interstate 135 runs through Wichita and is bolstered by the bypass connection of Interstate 235 to provide easy access around and through Wichita.
Bliss Bouldering and Climbing Complex
Field Station: Dinosaurs
Intrust Bank Arena
Keeper of the Plains Plaza
Museum of World Treasures
Old Town District
Sedgwick County Zoo
Wichita Art Museum