Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Central Care, PA, a private practice group located in the heart of the Midwest, has modern equipment, quality personnel and access to clinical trials.
Central Care is currently seeking a full-time Licensed Nurse Practitioner or Certified Physician Assistant for their growing clinic in Great Bend, KS.
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will work closely with the Medical Oncologists and oncology staff.
Candidates must have excellent communication, problem solving, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
Additional Information about this opportunity:
- Employer assistance with relocation costs
- Work side by side with experienced Medical Oncologists
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Internal coverage for PTO and CME
- Establish rapport with patients
- Provide diagnosis and treatment
- Provide patient instruction and education
- Patient follow up in coordination with the Medical Oncologist
Master's or Doctorate Degree
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree
- Oncology experience preferred
- 3+ years’ experience practicing as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
More about Great Bend, Kansas
Great Bend is a vibrant community of approximately 16,000 people located in the heart of America; near the geographical center of Kansas. The central location of the city allows for short travel to anywhere in the state, including Wichita and Kansas City.
The people of Great Bend enjoy conveniences of a lager city, like first rate educational, medical and recreation facilities. For all of the large city conveniences the community still retains its small-town charm.
Culturally, Great Bend features the Shafer Art Gallery at Barton County Community College. It’s also known for the natural existence of Cheyenne Bottoms near Great Bend, the largest marsh in the interior United States.
Recreational opportunities abound with Great Bend showcasing one of the largest zoos between Kansas City and Denver, a state-of-the-art raptor rehabilitation center, and a splashing-good-time water park. There are four golf courses in a 25-mile radius of Great Bend: Stoneridge, Lake Barton, Ellinwood, and Larned. Community theater and musical products, concerts, band performances, and numerous art exhibits provide cultural experiences throughout the year.
Great Bend is the county seat of Barton County. It is named for its location at the point where the course of the Arkansas River bends east then southeast. Barton County has a population of more than 27,000 people.
● Fort Larned National Historic Site