Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Central Care is currently seeking a full-time Licensed Nurse Practitioner or Certified Physician Assistant for our growing clinic in Emporia, KS.
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will work closely with the Medical Oncologists and oncology staff.
Candidates must have excellent communication, problem solving, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Establish rapport with patients
- Provide diagnosis and treatment
- Provide patient instruction and education
- Patient follow up in coordination with the Medical Oncologists
- Collaborate with Medical Oncologist to follow patient treatment and regimen
- Review labs and other patient information as necessary to provide quality patient care
- Nurse Practitioner License
- Certified Physician Assistant
- Master's or Doctorate Degree
- Oncology experience preferred
- 2+ years' experience practicing as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
More about Emporia, Kansas
Emporia has an important place in American history. It is the founding city of Veterans Day. It is also the home of famous newspaper editor William Allen White, who was known nationally as the Sage of Emporia for gaining the ear and trust of U.S. Presidents and leaders of his day.
Emporia is the county seat of Lyon County; the city population is about 25,000 people, and Lyon County has approximately 35,000 people.
Elements of Emporia’s proud history are reflected in its historic downtown, which today is abundant with local nightlife, cuisine, coffee antiques and boutiques. With more than 17 different architectural styles, including the Spanish Colonial Revival of the Historic Granada Theatre, a stroll down Commercial Street is an architecture lover’s dream.
While its quaint setting on the verge of the Flint Hills is attractive to many, Emporia still offers an array of large-city opportunities. It is conveniently located between Wichita, Topeka and Kansas City, three of the largest cities in Kansas. Interstates – I-35 and I-335 intersect at Emporia, making travel to and from the city even more convenient.
Because of its scenic landscape, Emporia is home to avid cycling community, and the surrounding Flint Hills offer some the best and most challenging gravel road cycling opportunities in the nation. Also known for disc golf, with four professional 18-hole disc golf courses in the city and two more champion level courses within 20 minutes, Emporia is home to the largest disc golf tournament in the world.