Central Care Cancer Center is hiring for a full-time Oncology Assistant to work as a scribe in our Newton, KS clinic.
The Oncology Assistant will work closely with the clinical staff as well as directly with one of the medical oncologists. The essential duty of this position is to thoroughly document the patient encounter/patient visit with the physician.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Assist patients with health history
- Patient care assistance
- Prepare patient charts and ensure all necessary information is included
- Document all labs and diagnostics
- Document the patient and physician encounter with interval history
- Communicate effectively with other team members through orders and chart messages
- Add new diagnosis codes as well as place all orders
- Work side-by-side with physician to construct notes and dictation on all patient visits
- Record patient information in EMR
- Assist physician as needed
- 2-5 years medical office experience
- Previous scribe or transcription experience preferred
- LPN experience a plus
- MA experience a plus
- CNA/CMA experience a plus
- Oncology experience a plus
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Coding experience a plus (ICD 10)
- Must be able to type at least 60 wpm
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
More about Newton, Kansas
Newton provides a friendly, small-town atmosphere, away from the metropolitan hustle and bustle, but it offers the convenience of city life just 20 minutes away. Newton is located 25 miles north of Wichita, which is the largest city in Kansas. Affordable real estate and proximity to the city, makes Newton an attractive place to live for those who like the blend of urban-meets-rural lifestyle.
A vibrant Kansas community of approximately 20,000 people, Newton is the county seat of Harvey County, which has a population of more than 35,000. Newton and neighboring North Newton combine to feature an active arts community, three National Historic Districts, plus a variety of museums and attractions.
Newton offers a beautiful historic downtown, features unique dining and shopping opportunities throughout the city, and it boasts more than two-dozen parks within close proximity. There are a wide variety of out-door recreational options -- from picnics, to disc golf, to hiking and biking, to fishing and camping.
Interstate 135 runs along the eastern part of the city, and provides convenient access for travel to and from Newton. Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport is only 33 miles south of Newton with access to non-stop flights across the country, including Los Angeles, Dallas-Fort-Worth, Atlanta and Chicago.