Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a full time Oncology Assistant to assist as a Scribe in their growing Bolivar, MO clinic location
This Oncology Assistant position will work in the role of a Scribe, directly supporting our medical oncologists by accompanying the doctor during each patient encounter to take notes for each appointment. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. The essential duty of the scribe position is to thoroughly document the entire encounter of the patient's visit with the physician.
- Assist patients with health history
- Patient care assistance as needed
- Prepare patient charts and ensure all necessary information is included
- Document all labs and diagnostics
- Document the patient and physician encounter with the interval history
- Communicate effectively with other team members through orders and chart messages
- Add new diagnosis codes as well as place all orders
- Work side by side with physician to construct notes and dictation on all patient visits
- Record patient information in EMR
- Assist physician as needed
- 2-5 years medical office experience
- Previous scribe or transcription experience preferred
- CNA/CMA experience a plus
- Coding experience a plus
- LPN and/or CNA/MA experience preferred
- Ability to type at least 50 wpm
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
More about Bolivar, Missouri
Bolivar boasts the best of all worlds: thriving businesses, awarding-winning schools, a first-class university, state-of-the-art medical facilities, compassionate churches, active civic organizations, peaceful parks and limitless recreational opportunities. Conveniently located on newly-expanded Highway 13 between Kansas City and Springfield, our town of 10,000 offers you the benefits of a bustling metropolis partnered with the peace and serenity you’ll only feel in a rural setting. As of the 2010 census, the population was 10,325.
Bolivar R-I School District has a AAA rating and features four award-winning campuses. Most recently, Bolivar High School was nominated for the National Blue Ribbon Award by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Bolivar is also home to Southwest Baptist University, a four-year co-educational liberal arts university, Bolivar Technical College, and Polk County Christian School.
Bolivar is a fast-growing community but still maintains a small town family atmosphere. If you’re looking for something new, shop one of our many locally-owned stores or visit the year-round Greater Polk County Farmer’s Market. Sports enthusiasts can support the local high school and university sports teams by attending a game. Have fun at a parade or festival held regularly at the historic Bolivar square or the Polk County Fairgrounds, and Bolivar features more than 20 churches to worship in.
Among the many events held annually in Bolivar are the Light The Park celebration, Arts In The Parks, the Polk County Junior Livestock Show & Youth Fair, the CMH Basketball HoopFest, the SBU Homecoming Parade, the Bolivar Christmas Parade, Taste of Bolivar, the Lawn and Garden show, Country Days, and the 4th of July Celebration of Freedom.
Polk County Museum
Ella Carothers Dunnegan Gallery of Art
Silo Ridge Golf & Country Club
Dunnegan Memorial Park
Aqua Zone at the Roy Blunt YMCA
Lucas Oil Speedway
Stockton Lake/State Park
Pomme de Terre Lake/State Park
Lake of the Ozarks