Prior Authorization Specialist
The Financial Counselor will work closely with the clinical staff and billing department. Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Verify patient insurance benefits, eligibility, and demographic information in an accurate manner
- Submit, obtain, and track insurance authorizations
- Help patients understand their insurance coverage and financial obligations
- Review patient accounts and set up patient payment agreements
- Support optimal insurance coverage
- Perform medical billing functions
- Identify and obtain other forms of financial assistance to ease patient financial burden
- Computer skills - minimum 2 years' experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Medical office experience required
- Insurance experience and general knowledge required
- Knowledge of health-care payment methodology including Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs, PPOs and secondary payers required
- Medical billing experience a plus
- Oncology related experience a plus
- EMR experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and collaborate with teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to Multi-task and have attention to detail
More about Bolivar, Missouri
Bolivar boasts the best of all worlds: thriving businesses, awarding-winning schools, a first-class university, state-of-the-art medical facilities, compassionate churches, active civic organizations, peaceful parks and limitless recreational opportunities. Conveniently located on newly-expanded Highway 13 between Kansas City and Springfield, our town of 10,000 offers you the benefits of a bustling metropolis partnered with the peace and serenity you’ll only feel in a rural setting. As of the 2010 census, the population was 10,325.
Bolivar R-I School District has a AAA rating and features four award-winning campuses. Most recently, Bolivar High School was nominated for the National Blue Ribbon Award by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Bolivar is also home to Southwest Baptist University, a four-year co-educational liberal arts university, Bolivar Technical College, and Polk County Christian School.
Bolivar is a fast-growing community but still maintains a small town family atmosphere. If you’re looking for something new, shop one of our many locally-owned stores or visit the year-round Greater Polk County Farmer’s Market. Sports enthusiasts can support the local high school and university sports teams by attending a game. Have fun at a parade or festival held regularly at the historic Bolivar square or the Polk County Fairgrounds, and Bolivar features more than 20 churches to worship in.
Among the many events held annually in Bolivar are the Light The Park celebration, Arts In The Parks, the Polk County Junior Livestock Show & Youth Fair, the CMH Basketball HoopFest, the SBU Homecoming Parade, the Bolivar Christmas Parade, Taste of Bolivar, the Lawn and Garden show, Country Days, and the 4th of July Celebration of Freedom.
Polk County Museum
Ella Carothers Dunnegan Gallery of Art
Silo Ridge Golf & Country Club
Dunnegan Memorial Park
Aqua Zone at the Roy Blunt YMCA
Lucas Oil Speedway
Stockton Lake/State Park
Pomme de Terre Lake/State Park
Lake of the Ozarks