Prior Authorization Specialist
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring for a full-time Prior Authorization Specialist & Scheduler in our Great Bend, KS clinic.
The Prior Authorization Specialist & Scheduler will work closely with the clinical staff and billing department. This position will assist patients with their financial responsibilities. Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Verify patient insurance benefits
- Track patient referrals
- Submit insurance authorizations
- Meet with patients and set up financial agreements
- Perform medical billing functions
- Assist with billing corrections
- Minimum 2 years' experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Medical office experience required
- Oncology related experience a plus
- Medical billing experience a plus
- CPC preferred
- Must be qualified to participate in Federal Health Programs, including Medicare/Medicaid
- Must be willing to travel for initial training
- Bilingual a plus
- Insurance experience and general knowledge required
- Ability to balance different tasks as assigned
More about Great Bend, Kansas
Great Bend is a vibrant community of approximately 16,000 people located in the heart of America; near the geographical center of Kansas. The central location of the city allows for short travel to anywhere in the state, including Wichita and Kansas City.
The people of Great Bend enjoy conveniences of a lager city, like first rate educational, medical and recreation facilities. For all of the large city conveniences the community still retains its small-town charm.
Culturally, Great Bend features the Shafer Art Gallery at Barton County Community College. It’s also known for the natural existence of Cheyenne Bottoms near Great Bend, the largest marsh in the interior United States.
Recreational opportunities abound with Great Bend showcasing one of the largest zoos between Kansas City and Denver, a state-of-the-art raptor rehabilitation center, and a splashing-good-time water park. There are four golf courses in a 25-mile radius of Great Bend: Stoneridge, Lake Barton, Ellinwood, and Larned. Community theater and musical products, concerts, band performances, and numerous art exhibits provide cultural experiences throughout the year.
Great Bend is the county seat of Barton County. It is named for its location at the point where the course of the Arkansas River bends east then southeast. Barton County has a population of more than 27,000 people.
● Fort Larned National Historic Site