- Reviews prescription, diagnosis, patient chart, and identification
- Prepares equipment such as immobilization, treatment, and protection devices; positions patient according to prescription
- Enters data into computer and sets controls to operate and adjust equipment and regulate dosage
- Observes and reassures patient during treatment and reports unusual reactions to physician
- Photographs treated area of patient and processes film
- Maintains records, reports, and files as required
- Follows principles of radiation protection for patient, self, and others
Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four year college or university; or Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification; State License and Certification
- 1+ years’ experience providing radiation therapy to patients
- News Grads also encouraged to apply
- Problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness to provide best quality treatment to patients
- Committed to following all policies and procedures as outlined by radiation department
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification; State License and Certification
More about Garden City, Kansas
Garden City, Kansas (pop. 27,004) is located on the high plains of Southwest Kansas in Finney County (pop. 37,097), and is the economic hub for the region, serving a population of approximately 200,000.
From the World’s Largest Hand Dug Pool and Splash Park that covers a full city block, to world class hunting, or Kansas’s #1 public golf course, Garden City boasts fun for everyone, regardless of age and interest. Also, located a short 3 ½ hour drive from the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Garden City offers easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities and sights, such as hiking, white water rafting, fishing, skiing, and many more adventures! Garden City also offers several convenient jet service flights to Dallas each day.
With nearly 40 languages spoken locally, Finney County was rated the most diverse community in Kansas outside of the Kansas City metro. (Niche.com)
Our new 30,000 sq/ft facility provides cutting edge technology and numerous support services, all in a quiet and comfortable setting. Heartland Cancer Center in Garden City features the only in-house PET/CT simulator in Western Kansas, as well as the latest linear accelerator from Varian, the TrueBeam STx. We also offer access to clinical trials, oncology navigators, and optional private infusion suites. The Breast Center at St. Catherine Hospital, also located under our roof, is the only nationally accredited Breast Center between Kansas City and Denver.