Central Care Cancer Center is hiring a Radiation Therapist for our Emporia, KS clinic location.
The Radiation Therapist will work closely with the radiation team to provide radiation therapy to patients as prescribed by the physician. Candidates must have excellent communication, problem solving, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgement as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Review prescription, diagnosis, patient chart and identification
- Prepares equipment such as immobilization, treatment and protection devices; positions patient according to prescription
- Enters data into computer and sets controls to operate equipment
- Observes and reassures patient during treatment and reports unusual reactions to physician
- Photographs treated area of patient
- Maintains records, reports and files required
- Follows principles of radiation protection for patient, self and others
- Assists in dosimetry procedures and tumor localization
- Problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness to provide the best quality of care
- 4+ years experience providing radiation to patients
- Willingness to travel between clinic on a weekly basis required (company transportation will be provided)
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university; Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification; State License and Certification
More about Emporia, Kansas
Emporia has an important place in American history. It is the founding city of Veterans Day. It is also the home of famous newspaper editor William Allen White, who was known nationally as the Sage of Emporia for gaining the ear and trust of U.S. Presidents and leaders of his day.
Emporia is the county seat of Lyon County; the city population is about 25,000 people, and Lyon County has approximately 35,000 people.
Elements of Emporia’s proud history are reflected in its historic downtown, which today is abundant with local nightlife, cuisine, coffee antiques and boutiques. With more than 17 different architectural styles, including the Spanish Colonial Revival of the Historic Granada Theatre, a stroll down Commercial Street is an architecture lover’s dream.
While its quaint setting on the verge of the Flint Hills is attractive to many, Emporia still offers an array of large-city opportunities. It is conveniently located between Wichita, Topeka and Kansas City, three of the largest cities in Kansas. Interstates – I-35 and I-335 intersect at Emporia, making travel to and from the city even more convenient.
Because of its scenic landscape, Emporia is home to avid cycling community, and the surrounding Flint Hills offer some the best and most challenging gravel road cycling opportunities in the nation. Also known for disc golf, with four professional 18-hole disc golf courses in the city and two more champion level courses within 20 minutes, Emporia is home to the largest disc golf tournament in the world.