Central Care Cancer Center is looking to hire a full-time Receptionist in our Garden City, KS location. This position will check in and greet patients as they come into the clinic as well as answer the phone and direct phone calls appropriately.
Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgment as well as attention to detail while working well with a team.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information
- Welcomes on-site visitors and monitors visitor access and issues passes when required
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes
- Schedules appointments as needed or requested by other staff members
- Prepares new patient charts, sends out new patient paperwork, and verifies paperwork when received
- Collates & compiles medical records in each chart
- Organizes charts including filing, copying, and having physician sign all items before filing
- Compiles all insurance information on each patient
- Collects payments for services.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photo copying, and collating
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years medical office experience
- CNA experience a plus
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Clear communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Computer skills – proficient with Microsoft Office products
More about Kansas City, Kansas
Kansas City is comprised of two cities that share the Missouri River as their border, which also divides Missouri from Kansas. The Kansas City metropolitan region is a 14 county area anchored by Kansas City, MO. With a population of 2.1 million, the region includes a number of other cities and suburbs, the largest being Overland Park, KS; Kansas City, KS; Olathe, KS; and Independence, MO; each over 100,000 in population.
Collectively, Kansas City is famous for its unique style of barbecue, jazz heritage, fountains and architecture, along with professional sports teams and events.
Kansas City has a bevy of different cultural offerings, such as the unique Country Club Plaza area. Known for its Spanish architecture, this 15-block district features some of Kansas City’s best shopping and dining options. Kansas City’s rich culture inspires several must-see destinations: The Power & Light District features more than 50 restaurants and shops. For art lovers, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art is a sure hit with extensive permanent and traveling exhibits.
Kansas City is bisected by four interstates: I-35, I-49, I-29 and I-70 for easy access around the metro area, as well as to other locations. The city features Kansas City International Airport, just 15 miles northwest of downtown Kansas City with more than a dozen carriers serving passengers. A new airport terminal is expected to be built in approximately four years. At Union Station, Amtrak service provides six passenger trains daily, which includes two round trips to St. Louis, one departing for Chicago and one departing for Los Angeles.
Museums and Art
American Jazz Museum
Arabia Steamboat Museum
Harry S. Truman Library and Museum
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
National WWI Museum and Memorial
Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Professional Sporting Teams and Events
Kansas City Chiefs (National Football League)
Kansas City Royals (Major League Baseball)
Kansas Speedway (NASCAR Sprint Cup)
Sporting Kansas City (Major League Soccer)