Central Care Cancer Center is looking to hire a full-time receptionist at our Emporia, KS location. This position will check in and greet patients as they come into the clinic as well as answer the phone and direct phone calls appropriately.
Candidates must have excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates should demonstrate good judgment as well as attention to detail, while working well with a team.
- Retrieves messages from voicemail and forwards to appropriate personnel
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of caller and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions and other information
- Welcomes on-site visitors and monitors visitor access and issues passes when required
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes and retrieves and routes incoming faxes
- Schedules appointments as needed and requested by other staff members
- Prepares new patient charts, sends out new patient paperwork and verifies paperwork when received
- Collates and complies medical records in each chart
- Organizes charts including filing, copying and having physician sign all items before filing
- Compiles all insurance information on each patient
- Collects payments for services
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, copying and collating
- 2+ years medical office experience required
- CNA/CMA experience a plus
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondences and memos
- Clear communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Computer skills - proficient with Microsoft Office products
- EMR experience preferred
More about Emporia, Kansas
Emporia has an important place in American history. It is the founding city of Veterans Day. It is also the home of famous newspaper editor William Allen White, who was known nationally as the Sage of Emporia for gaining the ear and trust of U.S. Presidents and leaders of his day.
Emporia is the county seat of Lyon County; the city population is about 25,000 people, and Lyon County has approximately 35,000 people.
Elements of Emporia’s proud history are reflected in its historic downtown, which today is abundant with local nightlife, cuisine, coffee antiques and boutiques. With more than 17 different architectural styles, including the Spanish Colonial Revival of the Historic Granada Theatre, a stroll down Commercial Street is an architecture lover’s dream.
While its quaint setting on the verge of the Flint Hills is attractive to many, Emporia still offers an array of large-city opportunities. It is conveniently located between Wichita, Topeka and Kansas City, three of the largest cities in Kansas. Interstates – I-35 and I-335 intersect at Emporia, making travel to and from the city even more convenient.
Because of its scenic landscape, Emporia is home to avid cycling community, and the surrounding Flint Hills offer some the best and most challenging gravel road cycling opportunities in the nation. Also known for disc golf, with four professional 18-hole disc golf courses in the city and two more champion level courses within 20 minutes, Emporia is home to the largest disc golf tournament in the world.