Central Care Cancer Center is hiring for an individual to join our oncology team in Newton, KS. This nursing position will provide nursing services and care to cancer patients while administering treatment and support.
- Monitors and records vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, and pulse rate.
- Administers chemotherapy, injections and draws lab as ordered.
- Gives patients medications as directed by the physician.
- Assist Physician during follow-ups and new consults.as needed
- Organizes and carries out a treatment plan for patients' chemotherapy, lab, and supportive care.
- Completes charge sheets daily for all patients seen.
- Completes chemotherapy administration record and nursing progress notes.
- Charts all patient transactions, phone calls, and prescription refills.
- Serves as intermediary for communication between patient and family as well as between patient and physician.
- Counsels patient and family members about chemotherapy drugs side effects, treatment plan, etc.
- Instructs the patient and family on in home care.
B.S.N. or A.D.N + RN
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.N.) from four-year college or university; or Associate's degree (A.D.N.); or has completed a nursing program.
- 3 years' experience as a Registered Nurse
- Oncology experience a plus
- Chemotherapy Certificate (must be obtained before administering chemotherapy, not required at hire)
More about Newton, Kansas
Newton provides a friendly, small-town atmosphere, away from the metropolitan hustle and bustle, but it offers the convenience of city life just 20 minutes away. Newton is located 25 miles north of Wichita, which is the largest city in Kansas. Affordable real estate and proximity to the city, makes Newton an attractive place to live for those who like the blend of urban-meets-rural lifestyle.
A vibrant Kansas community of approximately 20,000 people, Newton is the county seat of Harvey County, which has a population of more than 35,000. Newton and neighboring North Newton combine to feature an active arts community, three National Historic Districts, plus a variety of museums and attractions.
Newton offers a beautiful historic downtown, features unique dining and shopping opportunities throughout the city, and it boasts more than two-dozen parks within close proximity. There are a wide variety of out-door recreational options -- from picnics, to disc golf, to hiking and biking, to fishing and camping.
Interstate 135 runs along the eastern part of the city, and provides convenient access for travel to and from Newton. Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport is only 33 miles south of Newton with access to non-stop flights across the country, including Los Angeles, Dallas-Fort-Worth, Atlanta and Chicago.