Registered Nurse, Great Bend
Central Care Cancer Center is hiring for an individual to join our oncology team in Great Bend, KS. This nursing position will provide nursing services and care to cancer patients while administering treatment and support.
- Monitors and records vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, and pulse rate.
- Administers chemotherapy, injections and draws lab as ordered.
- Gives patients medications as directed by the physician.
- Assist Physician during follow-ups and new consults.as needed
- Organizes and carries out a treatment plan for patients' chemotherapy, lab, and supportive care.
- Completes charge sheets daily for all patients seen.
- Completes chemotherapy administration record and nursing progress notes.
- Charts all patient transactions, phone calls, and prescription refills.
- Serves as intermediary for communication between patient and family as well as between patient and physician.
- Counsels patient and family members about chemotherapy drugs side effects, treatment plan, etc.
- Instructs the patient and family on in home care.
Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.N.) from four-year college or university; or Associate's degree (A.D.N.); or has completed a nursing program.
- 3 years' experience as a Registered Nurse
- Oncology experience a plus
More about Great Bend, Kansas
Great Bend is a vibrant community of approximately 16,000 people located in the heart of America; near the geographical center of Kansas. The central location of the city allows for short travel to anywhere in the state, including Wichita and Kansas City.
The people of Great Bend enjoy conveniences of a lager city, like first rate educational, medical and recreation facilities. For all of the large city conveniences the community still retains its small-town charm.
Culturally, Great Bend features the Shafer Art Gallery at Barton County Community College. It’s also known for the natural existence of Cheyenne Bottoms near Great Bend, the largest marsh in the interior United States.
Recreational opportunities abound with Great Bend showcasing one of the largest zoos between Kansas City and Denver, a state-of-the-art raptor rehabilitation center, and a splashing-good-time water park. There are four golf courses in a 25-mile radius of Great Bend: Stoneridge, Lake Barton, Ellinwood, and Larned. Community theater and musical products, concerts, band performances, and numerous art exhibits provide cultural experiences throughout the year.
Great Bend is the county seat of Barton County. It is named for its location at the point where the course of the Arkansas River bends east then southeast. Barton County has a population of more than 27,000 people.
● Fort Larned National Historic Site